Author Topic: Is Bradley getting signed and traded?  (Read 2266 times)

Is Bradley getting signed and traded?
« on: July 14, 2014, 11:44:31 AM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
His contract and return to the Celtics has still not been made official, should be thinking that there are some last minute changes going on?

Maybe Danny and Larry Legend are gonna swap Lance and Avery?

Re: Is Bradley getting signed and traded?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 12:02:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
No.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 12:08:38 PM »

Offline celtics24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 10
he better not be getting s&t i think he stays

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 12:15:26 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Gary Washburn: #celtics fans, don't be alarmed by a lack of announcement, have been told Avery Bradley's contract is receiving finishing touches.
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 12:16:09 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Double post

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 12:18:08 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
No.

While I hate this kind of dismissive reply I agree with the sentiment.
In an effort to be less rude I'll provide a bit of context to my opinion.
From indy's perspective lance does everything Bradley does and he's got legit size, is a better passer and shooter.
His head is a concern and Bradley's level personality is the only plus he has going for him when compared to lance. However Indy is short on the PG front. Bradley does not help, loosing lance and his above average passing and ball handling would really highlight this.

The c's would receive a major upgrade on the court, but given lance's head I doubt we risk his influence on a young team.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
We can only hope.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 12:49:38 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
No. Bradley said he wants to return to Boston.
There was a chance somebody would give more money, but he chose accepting the celtics 32M offer. Bradley accepted to play for the celtics not for an other team.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 12:50:44 PM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
I doubt the Celtics trade Bradley, not even straight up for Lance Stephenson, who would be a very risky pick up. 

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 12:56:21 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
To Indiana?

Makes very little sense for both teams. Indiana desperately needs a creative ballhandler who can function in the half court and on the break. Bradley... is not that.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 12:58:22 PM »

Offline dysgenic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
We can only hope.

I will never understand the lack of love that Avery Bradley gets on this forum.  A 24 yr old kid that is only getting better, and a pretty [dang] good basketball player right now.  A competitor that plays with toughness and heart.  I could see him being an all-star someday.

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 01:00:10 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Familiarity breeds contempt. After ~200 games those of us who watch a majority of the games, even when the team is awful, have a very firm grasp on everything that's wrong with AB.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 01:01:00 PM »

Offline dysgenic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Familiarity breeds contempt. After ~200 games those of us who watch a majority of the games, even when the team is awful, have a very firm grasp on everything that's wrong with AB.

He's too small and he gets hurt too often. 

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 01:07:11 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Well, I think the biggest thing that is wrong is that he has only played in just over 200 games (205 to be exact)...in 4 years in the league. 

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 01:08:07 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Just like we're gonna have once we've watched a couple of seasons of Smart and Young - and some of us have currently about Sully and KO.  Speaking just for me I've watched too many easy opponent baskets in the paint to be enthusiastic about Sully's long term status here.