Author Topic: Houston to Target Rondo?  (Read 11262 times)

Re: Houston to Target Rondo?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 10:10:44 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The guy we wanted just signed with Dallas, no thanks to Houston.  Clint Capella is not worth Rondo.

Ew.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 10:14:09 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I wish we would trade Rondo for Harden and not sign Bradley.
Harden is the top ranked SG in the league in PER.

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 10:19:59 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Ew.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 10:25:24 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Morey really screwed this offseaon up. I can see where the logic was but things could not have gone any worse. Think if he would have gived up on the star chasing he could have

1. Picked up Parson option and payed him around 1mill for a year, then he would have become unrestricted. But worst case they just see how it goes and over pay him next year.

2. Traded Asik for a starting caliber PF, Cs would have likely traded Bass and a minor asset for Asik.

3. Let Lin play out his contract year giving them solid scoring as the starting PG.

3. 2015 Off season they would have to resign Parson but Bass and Lin would be off their Books.

As for trading with Rondo, I dont see it. T Jones and N Johnson are their best young pieces and as much as I like both players both are frindge starters with no real star potential. Capella has great long term potential but still nothing to build a trade around. They dont have the room to eat Wallace's deal. I think they are stuck taking a step back this season.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 11:06:39 AM »

Offline Nikki8

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I think a third or fourth team would have to get in on the deal but I doubt Houston has enough to offer anyway. I am against trading Rondo but I think it would be comical to watch him play with Howard because Howard doesn't always give the effort he should and Rondo would be all over him.

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 01:20:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
I might listen if the offer was Beverly, Jones, Capella, and Motiejunas.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 01:39:03 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Ya I'll also include them Gerald Wallace

But I want Dwight Howard in return.  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I'm getting the impression that no one likes playing with Harden and Howard... or maybe even that no one likes Harden and Howard.

Metrics haven't been invented yet that measure the impact of Howards infantilism or Harden's zoro-ism.

I'd like to have Terrence Jones and the rights to Clint Capela. We may soon get to the point where we've waited too long on Rondo. I'd consider Rondo and Wallace for those two guys and a pick.

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 01:53:34 PM »

Offline TeamGreen.dm

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • here comes Banner 18
If anything were to happen Id really hope we'd receive Terrence Jones in the deal.
"I am not going to back down from any challenge. Like I said, you are going to have to prove to me. I am a fighter; I will keep fighting and will never give up." Marcus Smart

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 02:16:28 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

I'm getting the impression that no one likes playing with Harden and Howard... or maybe even that no one likes Harden and Howard.

Metrics haven't been invented yet that measure the impact of Howards infantilism or Harden's zoro-ism.

I'd like to have Terrence Jones and the rights to Clint Capela. We may soon get to the point where we've waited too long on Rondo. I'd consider Rondo and Wallace for those two guys and a pick.

Agree with this, though we may have to take on another guy from Houston to make salaries work.  I think people are really overestimating the demand for Rondo.  Jones, Capela, and that New Orleans pick sounds good to me.

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 02:20:25 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
The guy we wanted just signed with Dallas, no thanks to Houston.  Clint Capella is not worth Rondo.

Ew.
Agreed don't want their leftovers for Rondo or any of their picks which would be late 1sts if he went there
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 02:21:42 PM »

Offline iReckless

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
If they want Rondo maybe they can take Wallace too

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 02:24:26 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I would take Harden in a heartbeat! But that'll never happen. Smart,Harden would be a top 5 backcourt year 1. So would Houston do a Harden, Montejunas for Rondo,Bradley & Young deal? I wish Houston would. Our window of competing will blow wide open.

PG: Smart
SG: Harden
SF: Green
PF: Olynyk or Sully
  C: Montejunas

That's a #5-6 playoff team next year in the East with picks coming to only make us better.

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 02:28:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
How much cap space do they have left?  Do they have a bunch of trade exceptions from dumping Asik/Lin?

Only way I could see it happening would be if it was Rondo + Wallace for a boatload of cap space, but even then it makes no sense, because all they seem to have as an asset is Terrence Jones... and he's only a slightly more valuable PF than Sully and Oly.

Maybe if it was a 3-teamer where Jones went to the Kings, McLemore, some bleh picks and tons of cap relief go to Boston,   Wallace and Rondo go to the Rockets.   

But I'm saying that without actually looking into Houston's current cap situation.  I'm too lazy to look.  Pretty sure they can't even absorb Rondo + Wallace .

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 02:29:06 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Wait isn't? Montejunas in Toronto now? But all in all is take Harden for a Rondo & Bradley package. We don't need T. jones if we have Sully & Olynyk.