Author Topic: Brook Lopez  (Read 3700 times)

Brook Lopez
« on: July 14, 2014, 09:06:27 AM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
I am curious what the forum thinks about trying to make a trade to acquire Brook Lopez.  We saw that the Nets made some improvements last year when Lopez went down and they went small, moving KG to center (similar to what we saw in Boston).

The Nets have a void at small forward to fill and if they move KG to center, they will need another PF as well.  Can we center a trade around Green and Bass (and maybe move a pick or 2, or possibly Sully or KO instead of a pick) to get Lopez?

This would leave us with a void at SF, meaning Wallace becomes the starter until Young is ready (unless we go really small), but it does give us a legitimate center in his mid-20's and could pave the way to bring in Love, as long as we have enough assets left after the deal.

I understand Lopez has significant injury concerns, so I have not totally sold myself on the idea, but I think it could be a good rebuilding move, as it will give us the low post presence that we have lacked for years.

Re: Brook Lopez
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:11:45 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
So which part of the Nets featuring Lopez did you like so much that you'd like to trade for him?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:13:24 AM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
I like the low post scoring and having a legitimate 7-footer that could be entering his prime, if he can stay healthy (I know a big "if.")

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:15:33 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I like the low post scoring and having a legitimate 7-footer that could be entering his prime, if he can stay healthy (I know a big "if.")
I guess you missed the steadfast refusal to rebound and play defense, which were the chief reasons the Nets were going anywhere with him.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
He's injury prone and is far from a one-way player, but he might be the best offensive center in the game right now.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 09:26:21 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
ZERO interest. Bring his brother here instead if anything, now that's a player worth something.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 09:31:40 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
He's injury prone and is far from a one-way player, but he might be the best offensive center in the game right now.
Maybe, but he is a seven footer who has failed to average 5 DR per 36 in 4 of his 6 years in the league. His TRB% is worse than Brandon Bass. Between scoring, defense and rebounding, I think a starting center should be able to do at least 2 of the 3 with decent efficiency.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 09:33:42 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Maybe, but he is a seven footer who has failed to average 5 DR per 36 in 4 of his 6 years in the league. His TRB% is worse than Brandon Bass. Between scoring, defense and rebounding, I think a starting center should be able to do at least 2 of the 3 with decent efficiency.

Total mistake on my part in the original post, that should read "far from a two way player." Blopes doesn't play D or rebound very well at all.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 09:38:32 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Nice offensive center but not interested with injury history, contract and defense and  rebounding numbers.  Anyone realize jeff green is a very good sf defender?

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 09:41:14 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Total mistake on my part in the original post, that should read "far from a two way player." Blopes doesn't play D or rebound very well at all.
Yeah, I figure that was a typo. I just need to remind even myself from time to time that Brook Lopez is not simply a poor rebounder. He's spectacularly atrocious for someone his size.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 09:46:19 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Yes, I have some interest. I prefer his brother, but B. Lopez could probably be gotten at a discount because of the recent injuries. I think it is likely that Green is gone next year (he'll opt out), so I'm totally open to the idea of trading him before the Feb trade deadline for whatever we can get.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 09:52:17 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Only if he was paired with a dominant rebounder like Love.

I havent watched enough of him to determine just how bad he is on defense, but from a cursory glance, it doesnt look good.

And in one sentence I just talked myself out of it...never mind lol. I wouldnt do this.

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 09:52:46 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
Yes, I have some interest. I prefer his brother, but B. Lopez could probably be gotten at a discount because of the recent injuries. I think it is likely that Green is gone next year (he'll opt out), so I'm totally open to the idea of trading him before the Feb trade deadline for whatever we can get.

Kind of funnny how complementary the Lopez' would be as a pair.

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 09:54:47 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
This is a frontcourt that will probably give up more points than they score, and that's saying something.

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 10:00:38 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
This is a frontcourt that will probably give up more points than they score, and that's saying something.

Haha....which is why I talked myself out of it mid post :)