Author Topic: Greg Oden  (Read 1798 times)

Greg Oden
« on: July 14, 2014, 06:09:59 AM »

Offline Otsje P

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
Are the Celtics still interested in signing Greg Oden? Rumors were, they were looking in to him, before he signed with the Heat.

Miami is resigning Birdman and Haslem, and they have already resigned Bosh. Oden is in search for playing time, and he will not find a lot of it in Miami.

Could he be a cheap defensive upgrade on our roster?

Re: Greg Oden
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 06:14:44 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Id take a flier for min.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 07:28:34 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I wouldn't expect him to stay healthy enough to help the team very much but I like the guy and enjoy watching him.  Signing Oden could be a nice little distraction from the fact that the team may not be very good this year. 

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 08:29:22 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'd go after Oden and/or Bynum.

If we aren't going to be a good team, then as might as well take some crazy risks.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 08:32:03 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
No on Bynum. That experiment has failed enough for other teams. Yes on Oden. Seems like a smart risk.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 08:34:54 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd rather sign Andris Biedrins for the minimum that try to sign guys that can't play.

Say all you want about Beans (he's scared, no confidence), at least he's healthy. To me, it's a no risk - high reward gamble compare to Oden who's not at all risky, but wont give you anything either.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 08:39:48 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd rather sign Andris Biedrins for the minimum that try to sign guys that can't play.

Say all you want about Beans (he's scared, no confidence), at least he's healthy. To me, it's a no risk - high reward gamble compare to Oden who's not at all risky, but wont give you anything either.
It's crazy how far Beidrins has fallen despite being in shape and healthy.  I thought he was going to be an excellent player.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 08:42:45 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
No on Bynum. That experiment has failed enough for other teams. Yes on Oden. Seems like a smart risk.

Oden is worth the risk, 2yrs then Team Option on the 2nd year..
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 08:44:39 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

It's crazy how far Beidrins has fallen despite being in shape and healthy.  I thought he was going to be an excellent player.
He's fallen as far as his drop-off in production will take him. And he's still probably getting more credit than he deserves. I'd much rather stick with Zeller.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 08:46:08 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Why do people on here want chronically injured players? ???

GIVE IT UP HE'S DONE!!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 08:51:54 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

He's fallen as far as his drop-off in production will take him. And he's still probably getting more credit than he deserves. I'd much rather stick with Zeller.

But it wouldnt hurt bringing him in for the minimum.

He's still 7'0" who showed he belonged in the league until a Monstar either took his talents or he just saw a ghost and just traumatized himself.

At worst, Beans will rebound. Just for giggles, he played 6 games last year, his rebounding average per 36 is 13.6  (;D). But in all seriousness, rebounding alone is worth a shot.

He's not going to make another $9 million. Make him back up Zeller, give him comptetion for the starting spot.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 08:57:41 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Nope, still not interested. And I don't think anyone in their right mind will see Biedrins as any sort of competition. He's looked completely and utterly embarrassing every time he was on the floor recently.

Also, I'm fairly certain that he can make more money in Europe than than the minimum NBA salary (for comparison, guys like Erden, Lampe, and Jawai are making the equivalent of a $3 million NBA salary), so that's not likely to happen anyhow.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:02:55 AM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."