Poll

Trade for Noel now before he completely blows up.

Yes. as long as it's the clippers pick.
No. Rondo and Green are way to much for Noel.
Yes. I would give up multiple firsts to get Noel.

Author Topic: Poll: Would you, Rondo, Green, 1st, for Noel.  (Read 5355 times)

Re: Poll: Would you, Rondo, Green, 1st, for Noel.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 06:18:13 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Too much for Philly to give up.  They wouldn't do it.

Philly wouldn't do it?  I mean, maybe not because Rondo and/or Green could be gone after this year.  But from a Celtics perspective this is a terrible horrible dreadful trade.  Noel is nice defensively, but has no offensive game to speak of.  I like Noel a fair bit even, but this idea makes me gag.

Boston gives up two role players and the clippers pick for a franchise center? Sign me up! Red would have done it.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 07:24:44 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Neither team would do it IMO.  We're giving up too much and Philly isn't ready to compete yet (that's why they drafted an injured Embiid and a player they can stash for a couple of year.  Rondo wouldn't sign back with them either... 

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 09:47:24 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yes, Philly's doing asset gathering, but there's an actual purpose behind that - to find good players who can stick.  If they seemingly have one in Noel, it doesn't make sense for them to trade him just for the sake of trading him and hoping to get someone better.

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 09:48:52 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Philly wouldn't do it?  I mean, maybe not because Rondo and/or Green could be gone after this year.  But from a Celtics perspective this is a terrible horrible dreadful trade.  Noel is nice defensively, but has no offensive game to speak of.  I like Noel a fair bit even, but this idea makes me gag.

Boston gives up two role players and the clippers pick for a franchise center? Sign me up! Red would have done it.

Red also chainsmoked cigars all day every day. Doing things because Red would have done them is clearly a mixed bag.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 09:50:55 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Please, never change cb8883. You bring me great humor.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 09:57:10 AM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Philly is trying to tank. And they haven't even seen what noel is capable of yet

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 10:12:24 AM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
Yeah I don't think Philly does this because Rondo doesn't resign with them.  He'd resign with the Celtics if he was willing to resign with Philly.  I'd wonder if Philly, who's obviously looking for a long rebuild would take a bunch of draft picks and maybe Sully and another young guy.  Noel may not turn into a superstar but he could be the defensive big the Celtics really, really, really need. 

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 10:24:43 AM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Philly wouldn't do it.
People needs to stop these trade ideas where a young promising player with star potential gets traded to celtics for whatever. It will not gonna happen.
Other teams are not dumb. Plus these young guys on cheap deals. That's an other reason not to trade them.

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 10:26:14 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I've seen him play a lot in Kentucky and briefly in summer league and if we can take a gamble on a game changing shoot blocker. Already you can see he's right back, he gets off the floor with quickness I have never ever seen. He's quicker to react than Ben Wallace was but about 5" taller.
Wallace was really strong and did a lot more than block shots. Not a good guy to compare with if your focus is blocking shots. Why not compare him to a guys that was mostly just a shot blocker, not so much a man to man post defender?

I like Noel too. It just isn't right to compare him to Ben Wallace defensively.

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 10:42:07 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I agree with you Lar Bird, And the reason Philly might do it is simply asset gathering. Hypothetically  if we offered the Cavs pick, Clippers pick, and they knew they could flip Rondo for a Pick or player. And do the same with Green. Well then they may just do it. And one of the reasons they drafted Noel is cause he was the best talent available and the best potential trade bait. And look it's already paying off I'm ready to trade half the farm for him.

How is trading one of their top 2-3 assets for a future pick and two guys who will bail in a season asset gathering?  That is more like asset renting. No way Philly does the deal.  They love Noel.  After watching him in summer league, I can understand why.

It will be interesting to see if they can play him together with Embiid, however.  Not sure that is going to work.  Embiid has a better back to the basket game.  I think they are hoping that Noel develops into a Bosh type of guy, but his outside shot and face up moves will need to improve dramatically to become that type of player.  His shot blocking skills are awesome, though.

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 05:45:18 PM »

Offline Aymanelgowainy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
This. Is. Retarded.

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 05:52:40 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
noooo
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 05:58:16 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
I would rather go after Drummond.  Especially if Detroit keeps Monroe.  Add another pick and Sullinger. 

Rondo, Green, Sullinger, Clips pick, Nets 2016 pick

for

Drummond, Jerebko, Datome, Jennings, Bynum

Datome, Bynum, Jerebko are just filler, their contracts are all just for one year.  We take that savings and extend Drummond at the max.  Build around Smart and Drummond.

Drummond, Zeller
Olynyk, Bass  Jerebko
Wallace  Young   Datome
Bradley   Thornton
Jennings  Smart  Bynum

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 06:00:05 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
Detroit:

Monroe  Sullinger
Smith  Mitchell
Green  Singler   Caron
Caldwell-Pope  Meeks
Rondo  Siva

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 03:29:13 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

It would be a great trade for Boston.

Philly wouldn't do it.

It's a bad trade for Boston. I don't think Noel is a player you can build around.

I don't believe Rondo is a player you build around either.  Guess, unless there is a trade, we'll find out this year.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."