Poll

Trade for Noel now before he completely blows up.

Yes. as long as it's the clippers pick.
No. Rondo and Green are way to much for Noel.
Yes. I would give up multiple firsts to get Noel.

Author Topic: Poll: Would you, Rondo, Green, 1st, for Noel.  (Read 5357 times)

Poll: Would you, Rondo, Green, 1st, for Noel.
« on: July 14, 2014, 02:59:34 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I've seen him play a lot in Kentucky and briefly in summer league and if we can take a gamble on a game changing shoot blocker. Already you can see he's right back, he gets off the floor with quickness I have never ever seen. He's quicker to react than Ben Wallace was but about 5" taller.
 Noel        Zeller
 Sullinger Olynyk
 J. Young  Wallace
 Bradley.   Thorton
 Smart.      Pressy

Full blow it up mode, let's see what we got with Smart, Young, Noel, Sully, and Olynyk. Tank for real next year. Clear cap room for 2016. And if we can get a big time free agent and or trade for a pierce type  or Durant type player. We still would be armed with Brooklyn's picks.

Re: Poll: Would you, Rondo, Green, 1st, for Noel.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 03:05:42 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Too much for Philly to give up.  They wouldn't do it.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 03:12:45 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Philly wouldn't do it?  I mean, maybe not because Rondo and/or Green could be gone after this year.  But from a Celtics perspective this is a terrible horrible dreadful trade.  Noel is nice defensively, but has no offensive game to speak of.  I like Noel a fair bit even, but this idea makes me gag.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 03:15:11 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Give up Noel for Rondo?

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 03:15:17 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Philly wouldn't do it?  I mean, maybe not because Rondo and/or Green could be gone after this year.  But from a Celtics perspective this is a terrible horrible dreadful trade.  Noel is nice defensively, but has no offensive game to speak of.  I like Noel a fair bit even, but this idea makes me gag.
It would be a great trade for Boston.

Philly wouldn't do it.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 03:21:04 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Philly wouldn't do it.

It's a bad trade for Boston. I don't think Noel is a player you can build around.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 03:41:38 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I would do it.  We need to get worse in the short term to get better in the long rub.  Noel would look great paired up with either Sully or Olynyk.  Philly won't do it though for the same reason the Celtics should.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 03:43:36 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
We're giving to much for Noel which is about to play his rookie season...

Heck I can't even swap Sully for him
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 03:43:42 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Philly wouldn't do it.

It's a bad trade for Boston. I don't think Noel is a player you can build around.
I think Noel is a serious ROY candidate this year.  And this hypothetical trade dumps 16 mil off our books and gets an outstanding prospect at a position we need (who has superstar defensive potential) for a player who is probably bailing on us in a year anyways.  Would be a great trade for Boston... Philly wouldn't do it.  You don't give up a 20 year old star defensive big man prospect for veterans who can help you win in the short-term.  Philly isn't trying to win this year.  It wouldn't make any sense.

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 03:49:22 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo

Philly wouldn't do it.

I think Noel is a serious ROY candidate this year.  And this hypothetical trade dumps 16 mil off our books and gets an outstanding prospect at a position we need (who has superstar defensive potential) for a player who is probably bailing on us in a year anyways.  Would be a great trade for Boston... Philly wouldn't do it.  You don't give up a 20 year old star defensive big man prospect for veterans who can help you win in the short-term.  Philly isn't trying to win this year.  It wouldn't make any sense.

He'll probably be a great defender, but I don't think he's a superstar. I'd rather keep Rondo.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 03:51:23 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Philly wouldn't do it.

I agree Philly won't do it.  He may be available in two years if Embiid comes through. 
I would love to get him and it would be fun to root for a local kid.

I still can't believe NO traded him to Philly.  Noel and Unibrow would have thrown a great block party.

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 04:16:52 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Philly wouldn't do it.

He'll probably be a great defender, but I don't think he's a superstar. I'd rather keep Rondo.
I'm not convinced keeping Rondo is going to be an option.  This team is set up for another lotto season next year... I have trouble believing Rondo will want to stick around for this.

Every interview I've heard with him paints the picture of a guy who wanted to stay here within the context of playing for a contender.  He seemed to have faith in Ainge to bring in a big star.. he even seemed to believe Melo was an option.   When asked what he'd do if he was in Bron's position, he said he'd leave Miami, because that team couldn't win a title...  this doesn't sound like a guy who wants to continue playing for a 28 win lotto squad.

If we trade him (I'm knocking it back down to 49.5% chance since Houston's no longer an option), we're going to end up getting a lot less than Nerlens Noel out of it.  Something like Ben Mclemore and expirings will be the most likely.  So yeah, this hypothetical trade would be good for Boston.

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 04:58:41 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I agree with you Lar Bird, And the reason Philly might do it is simply asset gathering. Hypothetically  if we offered the Cavs pick, Clippers pick, and they knew they could flip Rondo for a Pick or player. And do the same with Green. Well then they may just do it. And one of the reasons they drafted Noel is cause he was the best talent available and the best potential trade bait. And look it's already paying off I'm ready to trade half the farm for him.

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 05:20:47 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Philly wouldn't do it.

I'm not convinced keeping Rondo is going to be an option.  This team is set up for another lotto season next year... I have trouble believing Rondo will want to stick around for this.

Every interview I've heard with him paints the picture of a guy who wanted to stay here within the context of playing for a contender.  He seemed to have faith in Ainge to bring in a big star.. he even seemed to believe Melo was an option.   When asked what he'd do if he was in Bron's position, he said he'd leave Miami, because that team couldn't win a title...  this doesn't sound like a guy who wants to continue playing for a 28 win lotto squad.

If we trade him (I'm knocking it back down to 49.5% chance since Houston's no longer an option), we're going to end up getting a lot less than Nerlens Noel out of it.  Something like Ben Mclemore and expirings will be the most likely.  So yeah, this hypothetical trade would be good for Boston.
Terrence jones was looking pretty good too.

Unfortunately I agree with Larbrd33, Rondo is fetching us less than what he would have. But I would not do a trade of Rondo green and picks forNoel...Id just wait till the draft and get one of the many centers there.

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 05:57:05 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Yes i would do this. Philly wouldnt not because they arent giving up noel unless it is part of a bigger deal that nets them a star.

Edit: like a top 10 player kind of star