Poll

Trade for Noel now before he completely blows up.

Yes. as long as it's the clippers pick.
No. Rondo and Green are way to much for Noel.
Yes. I would give up multiple firsts to get Noel.

Author Topic: Poll: Would you, Rondo, Green, 1st, for Noel.  (Read 5356 times)

Re: Poll: Would you, Rondo, Green, 1st, for Noel.
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Too much for Philly to give up.  They wouldn't do it.

Philly wouldn't do it?  I mean, maybe not because Rondo and/or Green could be gone after this year.  But from a Celtics perspective this is a terrible horrible dreadful trade.  Noel is nice defensively, but has no offensive game to speak of.  I like Noel a fair bit even, but this idea makes me gag.
It would be a great trade for Boston.

Philly wouldn't do it.

It's a bad trade for Boston. I don't think Noel is a player you can build around.

I don't believe Rondo is a player you build around either.  Guess, unless there is a trade, we'll find out this year.
Noel is probably rookie of the year this year.  He's a dominant defensive piece that you can build around.  Rondo is a sitting duck.

This would be a no-brainer for Boston.  Philly wouldn't do it.  Not worth talking about. 

If you had a guy like Noel, Wiggins or Parker on the Celtics right now, you'd wouldn't entertain trading him for the likes of Ty Lawson, Wilson Chandler and a late 1st rounder... especially if Lawson was on the final year of his contract and you already had the reigning rookie of the year sitting in the PG slot.

Silly idea.  No chance.

Re: Poll: Would you, Rondo, Green, 1st, for Noel.
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 04:38:19 PM »

Offline slamdunk

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
  • I'mPossible
That's a lot to give up for Hasheem Thabeet 2.0.