Author Topic: What's fair value in trade for Rondo and Green.  (Read 7888 times)

Re: What's fair value in trade for Rondo and Green.
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
For Rondo, I'd want more than what Philly got for Jrue Holiday.  I'd want a young player with more star potential than Nerlens Noel and a draft pick that is likely to be more valuable than the #10 pick in 2014 draft, which is what New Orleans ended up sending to the 76ers (who traded it to the Magic).

Or something of equivalent value.

Funny, I'd take Noel and a 1st for him.
I really wanted us to trade rondo for that pick.  As soon as I saw Noel slipping I kept begging to see Ainge trade rondo for him... I was pretty annoyed when I found out they traded Noel for holiday... When I found out it was Noel + another 1st, my mind was blown.  That was a haul.  Shame we didn't jump on that.  Extremely unlikely we will get a prospect on Noel's level for Rondo.

There's a chance we are going to look back on that deal as one if the greatest ever.  Hinkie traded jrue holiday for what is now Nerlens Noel, Dario Saric, a future 1st and a future 2nd

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2014, 09:30:00 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
i would ideally trade Green to Charlotte for Biyombo and a late first rounder.

i would ideally trade Rondo for a prospect with all-star potential (Wiggins) and a protected pick or two. Philly got a great trade in Noel+1st Rounder.
- LilRip

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 06:33:42 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
No team in the league will give up a first rounder or anything close to that.  He was out for a whole year with a heart condition.  He's untradeable until next year.

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2014, 06:45:18 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
For Rondo, I'd want more than what Philly got for Jrue Holiday.  I'd want a young player with more star potential than Nerlens Noel and a draft pick that is likely to be more valuable than the #10 pick in 2014 draft, which is what New Orleans ended up sending to the 76ers (who traded it to the Magic).

Or something of equivalent value.

Funny, I'd take Noel and a 1st for him.
I really wanted us to trade rondo for that pick.  As soon as I saw Noel slipping I kept begging to see Ainge trade rondo for him... I was pretty annoyed when I found out they traded Noel for holiday... When I found out it was Noel + another 1st, my mind was blown.  That was a haul.  Shame we didn't jump on that.  Extremely unlikely we will get a prospect on Noel's level for Rondo.

There's a chance we are going to look back on that deal as one if the greatest ever.  Hinkie traded jrue holiday for what is now Nerlens Noel, Dario Saric, a future 1st and a future 2nd

There's a much better chance we'll look back on that trade and decide that nobody involved was worth getting too excited about.