Author Topic: MLE players left?  (Read 1219 times)

MLE players left?
« on: July 13, 2014, 10:40:37 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
What MLE type players are left out there?

Kris Humphries, Ed Davis, Al-Farouque Aminu?, Evan Turner, Jason Smith, Jameer Nelson, Andrey Blatche, Rodney Stuckey, who else?

What teams can still use their MLE?  Who has cap room or who has a TPE that can take one of these?

I'm trying to figure out who we might be targeting.

Re: MLE players left?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 10:58:01 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Okafor or Oden?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 11:00:38 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i guess what puzzles me more is WHY ainge would be targeting any of them? none of them would seem to have a long term role on the team. as it is, the celtics have to axe at least 2 players they currently have on the roster.

but, one might argue, one of the MLE types could add as many as 4-5 victories to the celtics win column. perhaps, but that wont change that the celtics are going to be stinky next year. why eat up youngster playing time and gain empty victories that harm the team's lotto odds further?

i am happy to go into the season with lots and lots of youngsters trying to prove they belong in the nba.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 11:06:38 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Okafor or Oden?

Yea definitely Okafor.  I wonder how much Oden, kind of like Bynum, will get paid due to their health issues. 

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 11:57:43 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Why bother to use it if we are rebuilding? Stay under the Tax threshold we all know come midseason Danny will rip this team apart anyways.

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 11:58:22 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
i guess what puzzles me more is WHY ainge would be targeting any of them? none of them would seem to have a long term role on the team. as it is, the celtics have to axe at least 2 players they currently have on the roster.

but, one might argue, one of the MLE types could add as many as 4-5 victories to the celtics win column. perhaps, but that wont change that the celtics are going to be stinky next year. why eat up youngster playing time and gain empty victories that harm the team's lotto odds further?

i am happy to go into the season with lots and lots of youngsters trying to prove they belong in the nba.

I've got it.  Say the season is going better than expected haha and Danny was really hoping to tank to get a top draft pick next year (you know, because that's always worked out so well for us).  Suddenly, in a strange mid season move, Ainge signs or trades for Evan Turner (I honestly don't know if he's even going to get an offer from any team lol).  Our team chemistry would instantly be shot, there would be people calling for Stevens to be fired, and everyone would start playing like crap.  Mission accomplished ;)