Author Topic: Caron Butler close to approx 2-year, $9 million deal with Detroit Pistons  (Read 4594 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
Caron Butler's expected deal with Detroit said to be for two years in the $9 million range

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
Hearing Detroit on the brink of signing Caron Butler after Butler's postseason run with Oklahoma City.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
This signing is almost as random as Paul's decision to go the Wizards.  What is going on this offseason? ;D

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Van Gundy's 1st two moves as GM, signing Augustine and Butler. Interesting start.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Van Gundy's 1st two moves as GM, signing Augustine and Butler. Interesting start.

Jodie Meeks as well. All three signings have been awful.

What does that total? About $14.5 million a year for the three of them? That is an All-Star player right there that will never play for the Pistons.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
SVG learned from the best Otis Smith ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Jodie Meeks as well. All three signings have been awful.

What does that total? About $14.5 million a year for the three of them? That is an All-Star player right there that will never play for the Pistons.

They'd have been better off taking Pressey, Johnson, and Babb from us.  Jeez.

Or taken Jeff Green or something.

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
I must say good signings, if you look at their roster they got holes in the G & F positions..

Bigs: Drummond, Smith, Gray, Mitchell, Jerebko
Wings: Singler, KCP, Meeks, Martin, Gigi, Butler
Guards: Jennings, Augustin, Siva, Bynum, Dinwiddie

Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Gotta side with Who.  Horrible signings.  Strange.  Weird.  Odd.  Will Butler even be in the league for two more years?  Butler could have been had for one year at far, far less money.

Braedenks

I'm going to assume Greg Monroe is going to end up somewhere else now, I'd love to see Josh Smith back at the 4 spot where he is most dominant and has a much bigger athletic advantage to most 4's and then start Butler at the 3.

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Butler didnt even get enough burn last year with OKC to justify this ludicrous contract. He could have been had at $2Mn per season IMHO
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I must say good signings, if you look at their roster they got holes in the G & F positions..

Yes, they have holes at those positions.  I don't hate the Augustin signing as much, but Meeks + Butler makes no sense.  Wouldn't the $11.5 million they spent have been better used on one starting caliber wing?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
So OKC didn't even make it to the finals and Butler gets the 2014 James Posey award for overpaid, overaged role player from a winning team?

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

Yes, they have holes at those positions.  I don't hate the Augustin signing as much, but Meeks + Butler makes no sense.  Wouldn't the $11.5 million they spent have been better used on one starting caliber wing?

The problem is that who's in the market for starting caliber wingman?
Parson, Hayward, Stephenson are all pricey for Detroit
Marion - (i'm 50/50 on calling him as a starter)
Milller - following LBJ
Turner - if to choose between ET and Butler... i take Butler
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Milller - following LBJ

Trade for somebody, then.  You can't commit nearly 20% of your salary cap to a burnt out SF and a one-dimensional shooter.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible

Milller - following LBJ

Trade for somebody, then.  You can't commit nearly 20% of your salary cap to a burnt out SF and a one-dimensional shooter.

I think trade is the only possibility since no FA, and not even regular US native wants to live in Detroit right now. Problem is that the Pistons really don't have any assets besides picks, Monroe, and Drummond that others want-- and SVG has made clear they're not trading Monroe.

Become Legendary.