Author Topic: C's should offer Bogans, pick for Waiters  (Read 6360 times)

Re: C's should offer Bogans, pick for Waiters
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 12:15:56 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
No more guards please. If we got Waiters...which I wouldn't mind, we'd need to clear the deck a little. Unless we're throwing in the towel again this year there's no reason to have 7+ guards and one "capable" C in Zeller (Sorry Joel, Fav, Iverson).

Lebron listed waiters in his letter. Waiters isn't going anywhere.

I'm curious about this LBJ letter... haven't seen any of it being posted or circulated in the media...
who are names/players he wish to play with??
It is an essay post on SI's website.

He mentions the guys you would expect him to mention, Irving, Waiters, Thompson, Wiggins. Essentially everyone who matters on the team.

I do not believe Wiggins was mentioned in the letter. Could be wrong but a lot of analysts picked that little thing apart in the letter. Made people think Wiggins was going.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
No more guards please. If we got Waiters...which I wouldn't mind, we'd need to clear the deck a little. Unless we're throwing in the towel again this year there's no reason to have 7+ guards and one "capable" C in Zeller (Sorry Joel, Fav, Iverson).

I'm curious about this LBJ letter... haven't seen any of it being posted or circulated in the media...

He mentions the guys you would expect him to mention, Irving, Waiters, Thompson, Wiggins. Essentially everyone who matters on the team.

I do not believe Wiggins was mentioned in the letter. Could be wrong but a lot of analysts picked that little thing apart in the letter. Made people think Wiggins was going.

you're right, I don't believe I saw Wiggins on the essay either, but I wouldn't read TOO much into it, I mean, he haven't even met the guy yet.

Also, I don't mind Zeller or Fav, Fav seemed to be a nice player before he went out with that injury. Iverson, I still DO NOT get the whole fascination with Colton. Wasn't impressed with his first stint with us, definitely not impressed with his 2nd stint with us

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 12:23:47 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I'd want a pick as compensation for taking on Waiters.  I definitely wouldn't be interested in giving up a pick to get him.
that is just silly nonsense.  Waiters would have led Boston in scoring last year and is more efficient a scorer than Green and Bradley (the C's #1 and #2 scorers).

I'd start Bradley over Waiters.
Because you believe Bradley's better..or?

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

The Idea that they would give away Waiters in order to get Miller makes no sense. They want Miller as an extra bench guy to fill out the roster. Why would they give out a bigger contributor to get an extra bench guy?

Didn't mention Wiggins, actually.

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 12:41:57 PM »

Offline Londongreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
I remember somewhere reading, Waiters is putting up similar numbers to Bradley Beal and more assists than him.

Hell yeah, trade for him. He's a stud in the making and is only limited in Cleavleand with Kyrie and now Lebron (who is a point forward and a holds the ball a lot), between them, waiters is left out.

Take the chance, like Phoenix did with Bledsoe and Houston with Harden. These guys can score. And God knows we need more offence. Let Young come to, get waiters, Keep either bradley or Young, Rondo and pressey at the point. Thats 2 pgs and 2 sgs and waiters unlike bradley can run the point more so.

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2014, 12:42:43 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think this is a great trade idea, but we may have to pony up more picks to make it work.  Waiters is a very good prospect at 2, something we really don't have right now.  It would render the renewal of Avery Bradley at 32mm curious, but anything resulting in an upgrade would be awesome, especially since we can't use the asset of an expiring contract except in a trade that is about to expire.

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 01:49:39 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'd want a pick as compensation for taking on Waiters.  I definitely wouldn't be interested in giving up a pick to get him.
that is just silly nonsense.  Waiters would have led Boston in scoring last year and is more efficient a scorer than Green and Bradley (the C's #1 and #2 scorers).

we already have a logjam in the guard position as well

we are trading Bogans and a pick for Waiters? not that I mind, as Waiters is better than Bogans and probably whoever that pick is going to be

BUT

what's our guard rotation going to be?

Rondo/Waiters/Smart/Bradley - yea no

Rondo/Bradley starting, Smart as the third guard, Thornton/Waiters getting the MarShon Brooks role unless Smart falters.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 01:50:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Because you believe Bradley's better..or?

Because I believe Bradley is better and is going to improve over the next couple of seasons.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference