Author Topic: C's should offer Bogans, pick for Waiters  (Read 6349 times)

C's should offer Bogans, pick for Waiters
« on: July 13, 2014, 09:07:25 PM »

Offline number17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Bogans expiring
Clippers pick or Cavs pick or Philly pick

For

Dion Waiters

Word is Lebron wants Mike Miller badly but Cavs can't currently compete with Denver's offer (per Windhorst/Goodman).

Trading Waiters would clear up 5 mil extra with Bogans non-guaranteed contract.

Also, takes a chip away from Cleveland in any potential Love trade, giving us a better chance. Better yet, we could include Waiters in our package.  He seems to be the odd man out there currently, as he and Irving had issues last year.
"I don't believe in living in the past; I think the past is for cowards...you live in the past, you die in the past."
-Mike Ditka

Re: C's should offer Bogans, pick for Waiters
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 09:11:36 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we have enough guards.   Do we really need 20?  Rather see more moves for bigs than another SG especially one who put up big numbers on a terrible Cavs team.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 09:13:54 PM »

Offline number17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
We wouldn't keep him necessarily - just a use of one of our assets (Bogans' non guaranteed contract).  And it takes an asset away from CLE.
"I don't believe in living in the past; I think the past is for cowards...you live in the past, you die in the past."
-Mike Ditka

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 12:30:08 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If he comes cheaply, I wouldn't object to 'helping' the Cavs out again and landing us a former top 5 pick who plays the SG position.  Our guard deck would be very stacked, and then we could make more moves further into the season where we could 'package' more talent to trade for a star whether it be Love or somebody else.

Boston interest in Waiters:
http://www.fearthesword.com/2014/2/12/5404680/nba-trade-rumors-boston-celtics-dion-waiters-cleveland-cavaliers

So if we include Bogans (who can be waived), and say the Philly 1st (which is likely to be two 2nds), would that be enough to get Cleveland to sell?

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 06:04:13 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'd want a pick as compensation for taking on Waiters.  I definitely wouldn't be interested in giving up a pick to get him.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 08:30:00 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd want a pick as compensation for taking on Waiters.  I definitely wouldn't be interested in giving up a pick to get him.
that is just silly nonsense.  Waiters would have led Boston in scoring last year and is more efficient a scorer than Green and Bradley (the C's #1 and #2 scorers).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 08:37:52 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

So if we include Bogans (who can be waived), and say the Philly 1st (which is likely to be two 2nds), would that be enough to get Cleveland to sell?

No.  Waiters is a young player with a lot of upside, who has already shown that he can be a decent scorer in this league.  His value is more than a couple of #2s.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 08:41:39 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The will want more than that for Waiters and will get more if they ever move him. He's a good player. I'd take him over Irving personally, he's healthier and has more fight in him, many times he was the best player on that team last year.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 09:15:28 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

No.  Waiters is a young player with a lot of upside, who has already shown that he can be a decent scorer in this league.  His value is more than a couple of #2s.
Yep.  Plus he is a much better player than Mike Miller, which was sort of the premise of the thread.  Cleveland would certainly move Waiters, but he is going to be a part of a larger trade i.e. Kevin Love.  Now if the trade was for Bennett, I think there would be more interest there.  Bennett for Bogans, the Clippers pick, and Cleveland's pick (back to them).  I think that is  the type of trade that both teams might consider.  Cleveland then can use the draft picks in a future trade and saves the salary this year to add a guy like Miller.  Boston takes a flyer on an immensely talented player at the cost of a couple of later first round picks. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 09:53:05 AM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Lebron listed waiters in his letter. Waiters isn't going anywhere.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 09:59:27 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
that is just silly nonsense.  Waiters would have led Boston in scoring last year and is more efficient a scorer than Green and Bradley (the C's #1 and #2 scorers).

This guy is a big time scorer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDLBz75qnpg

...But then again...Waiters has had locker room problems.

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 09:59:27 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

I'm curious about this LBJ letter... haven't seen any of it being posted or circulated in the media...
who are names/players he wish to play with??
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 10:12:22 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I'm curious about this LBJ letter... haven't seen any of it being posted or circulated in the media...
who are names/players he wish to play with??
It is an essay post on SI's website.

He mentions the guys you would expect him to mention, Irving, Waiters, Thompson, Wiggins. Essentially everyone who matters on the team.

The Idea that they would give away Waiters in order to get Miller makes no sense. They want Miller as an extra bench guy to fill out the roster. Why would they give out a bigger contributor to get an extra bench guy?

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 11:59:03 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I'd start Bradley over Waiters.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 12:10:18 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I'd start Bradley over Waiters.

we already have a logjam in the guard position as well

we are trading Bogans and a pick for Waiters? not that I mind, as Waiters is better than Bogans and probably whoever that pick is going to be

BUT

what's our guard rotation going to be?

Rondo/Waiters/Smart/Bradley - yea no