Author Topic: One specific thing you LOVE about the Celtics  (Read 4583 times)

One specific thing you LOVE about the Celtics
« on: July 13, 2014, 08:41:14 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
...and no I don't mean Kevin Love.

With the way things are, it's looking like we're done making moves.  As much as I hate inaction amidst a lot of action, sometimes patience brings the ultimate reward.  Things hasn't exactly been great for us so far this offseason but neither has it been bad.  In times like this, it's easy to forget how fortunate we are to be fans of the most winning team in the NBA.  So no negatives here, guys.  No complaining.  So slap your green shade on real tight and name one (and only one) specific thing (no matter how minor or stupid you may think it is) you love about this team, this franchize, or its history...and elaborate a little if you may.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Re: One specific thing you LOVE about the Celtics
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 08:42:16 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The fact that we get the Nets picks from 2016-18 lol

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 08:48:45 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Heart. Considered always as underdogs - from Russel, Cowens, Bird, Pierce, Rondo. Always fighters.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 08:52:10 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
I love that the Cs have years and years of history and thousands of memorable moments. I love the tradition.

2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 08:52:51 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
For me, I love the Leprechaun.  It's a symbol that is like no other in the league.  I love how it makes us look like the godfather of Basketball and in a lot of ways, the Celtics is the godfather of basketball.  I just hate that I sometimes get it confused with Starbucks symbol lol

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 09:07:50 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
The Celtics to me are all about the bond of Father and son. Growing up in Mississippi no one specific team has a large following excluding the Grizz in northern MS. So like many people my father chose a team, or jumped on a bandwagon. In the late 60's early 70's my dad fell in love with the celtics as a teenager and had stuck with them the entire way. My first clothes as an infant was Celtics gear and many of my most fond childhood memories were road trips to Memphis and New Orleans for Celtics games once a year. We always have something to talk about and a reason to call home and debate the latest Celtic decision

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 09:12:23 PM »

fitzhickey

I love that the Cs have years and years of history and thousands of memorable moments. I love the tradition.
This is it for me too.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Mike Gorman.

The main reason I am a Celtics fan.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 09:53:34 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
The passion, this is what it means to bleed green:

[youtube]mxhR-zbxjEA[/youtube]

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 10:09:47 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I love how diehard the fanbase is and how most are NBA junkies
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 10:24:36 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

I always show this to other Heat "fans" to remind them how the real fans looks like..
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 10:25:55 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

I always show this to other Heat "fans" to remind them how the real fans looks like..
it pains me that we didn't get it done at home with them on the ropes, the chant was awesome though....
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 10:37:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Tradition!

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 11:05:40 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
Heart. Considered always as underdogs - from Russel, Cowens, Bird, Pierce, Rondo. Always fighters.

That definitely wasn't the case in Russell's prime.  Year's ago I stumbled onto a bunch of basketball mags from the late 50s to the mid 60s.  Those Celtics teams were spoken of like the Ruth-era Yankees.  Every writer assumed the C's were going to win it every year (which they pretty much did).  There was even an article about the Celtics dominance and if it was bad for the NBA.

Also, I don't think anyone considered the 80s Celtics underdogs.  Those teams were loaded for bear.  They definitely should've won more than 3 titles.

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 11:07:32 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
Back on topic, how do you choose one thing?  For the sake of the argument, I'll go with something I used to love that is sadly not so much the case any more.  I used to love how different the C's were than other teams.  No dancers.  No mascot running around.  The black sneakers.  Even in the 90s doldrums you could always hang your hat on Celtics tradition.