Author Topic: Nikola Mirotic agrees 3-year, $17 million deal with the Chicago Bulls  (Read 2647 times)

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm hearing the Bulls will manage to get both Pau Gasol and Nikola Mirotic by using cap space they manufactured.

Nikola Mirotic @nikolamirotic12
Madridismo: eternamente agradecido

I could translate for you guys, but a bit too lazy.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 07:31:45 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

Re: Nikola Mirotic agrees to deal with the Chicago Bulls
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 07:12:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Woj:  Euro star Nikola Mirotic's deal with the Chicago Bulls will be three years, $17M-plus, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 07:20:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
so is this the sum of the Bulls offseason moves so far:

Out: Deng (yeah he left mid-season but close enough)
       Boozer

In: Pau Gasol
     Mirotic

A lot depends on how ready Mirotic is or not, and if Rose will ever be a great player again.

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Info already posted by Roy. Didn't see it.

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 07:33:16 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Is it just me, or is there a bit of a logjam upfront for Chicago?

Noah/Gasol
Gibson/Mirotic

Seems like they should've focused on getting another wing (Pierce, Ariza, Deng, etc..)

Unless Mirotic can play the 3? I don't know much about him.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
If rose is healthy this team wins the east easily.

Rose
Jimmy butler
Mirotic
Gasol
Noah

That's probably the best starting 5 in the nba. Two great passing bigs , top 3 point guard, and two shooters on the wing.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 07:45:30 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
so is this the sum of the Bulls offseason moves so far:

Out: Deng (yeah he left mid-season but close enough)
       Boozer

In: Pau Gasol
     Mirotic

A lot depends on how ready Mirotic is or not, and if Rose will ever be a great player again.

McDermott as well. So for a team that's only weakness was scoring, they're adding Gasol, Mirotic, McDermott, and technically Rose too. My favorites to win the East.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Did I miss the Bulls getting rid of Boozer?  That has to happen somehow (I know they have the amnesty, but I understood they were very unwilling to use it).

Offline Lioney

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
Unless Mirotic can play the 3?

Can't. But he can shoot from downtown. Also great low post player but not a great athlete.

Arguably the best  power forward in Europe.

Offline green147

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Really stinks for Gibson. He could be a starting PF for a title contending team and he could very well be the third-string forward for the Bulls this year. On the Celtics, he'd instantly be our starting 6'9" center.

Re: Nikola Mirotic agrees 3-year, $17 million deal with the Chicago Bulls
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 08:14:46 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Did I miss the Bulls getting rid of Boozer?  That has to happen somehow (I know they have the amnesty, but I understood they were very unwilling to use it).

I think they amnestied him weeks ago.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 08:16:47 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

They absolutely didn't weeks ago.  Thurrsday was the earliest they could, and the latest they can do so is Wednesday.  I googled my own question and found out they haven't.

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 08:17:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

They absolutely didn't weeks ago.  Thurrsday was the earliest they could, and the latest they can do so is Wednesday.  I googled my own question and found out they haven't.

He's as good as gone. They are just holding off until the last minute to amnesty him in case they get a  deal that they can use him in.

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 08:29:20 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

He's as good as gone. They are just holding off until the last minute to amnesty him in case they get a  deal that they can use him in.

Having looked at the Bulls salary situation, I'm not convinced that amnestying him will give them enough room, unless the numbers reported for Mirotic and Gasol are too high.  They'll have to move someone else in addition to amnestying Boozer (I've already assumed they're going to release all their non-guaranteed contracts).  They're a couple hundred thousand too high, assuming Gasol and Mirotic are given max raises, moreso if the contracts are structured with smaller raises.

EDIT:  Figured it out.  Greg Smith to the Mavs.  Gives them just the room they need after amnestying Boozer. http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2014/7/12/5894553/dallas-receives-greg-smith-in-trade-with-bulls

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 08:47:18 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
If rose is healthy this team wins the east easily.

Rose
Jimmy butler
Mirotic
Gasol
Noah

That's probably the best starting 5 in the nba. Two great passing bigs , top 3 point guard, and two shooters on the wing.

That's a pretty bold proclamation. We've never seen Mirotic play in the NBA; we have absolutely no way of knowing what kind of player he is going to be. Further, Gasol has been in sharp decline and is only getting older; it isn't clear how much he has left to give. He is no longer a top forward. Jimmy Butler is a great young player, but so far he has not blossomed into a star (I expect he will, but it is impossible to know if he will be ready this season. Last season he was very inconsistent).

Noah is obviously great. I disagree with D-Rose being a top 3 point guard, even when healthy, but still.

It's possible this Bulls roster will be great. I hope it will. But it has 3 glaring unknowns in that starting lineup even without Rose.