Author Topic: Wizards/Houston Trade Exceptions  (Read 1526 times)

Wizards/Houston Trade Exceptions
« on: July 13, 2014, 06:20:06 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Woj reports the Wizards gained a Trade Exception for Ariza's signing, and Jeff Goodman is reporting that Houston might gain one for Parson's signing to Dallas.

Both teams seem like they could benefit from adding Bass. Thoughts?

Re: Wizards/Houston Trade Exceptions
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 06:23:11 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Woj reports the Wizards gained a Trade Exception for Ariza's signing, and Jeff Goodman is reporting that Houston might gain one for Parson's signing to Dallas.

Both teams seem like they could benefit from adding Bass. Thoughts?

My thoughts is to thread merge! :)

But yeah, I think Bass is ideal for them and wouldn't be surprised if they give good value for him.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 06:36:35 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
good idea with Bass to Washington.  I'd gladly ship him out to either team for a TPE.  Danny might be able to swing that TPE into a deal for more assets and in a worst case scenario, it opens up playing time for Sully and KO at PF

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 06:49:24 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Personally, I'd try a 3-way deal between Minnesota and Washington in which Washington ends up with Bass and Kevin Martin and the Celtics with Kevin Love, and Minnesota with picks and a few young prospects.

I mean, there has to come a point where you can't just say no to too many 1st rounders right?

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 07:07:45 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
Personally, I'd try a 3-way deal between Minnesota and Washington in which Washington ends up with Bass and Kevin Martin and the Celtics with Kevin Love, and Minnesota with picks and a few young prospects.

I mean, there has to come a point where you can't just say no to too many 1st rounders right?

I think if 1st rounders enticed Minnesota they already would have pulled the trigger, when the Celtics had a number 6 pick

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 07:09:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I think if 1st rounders enticed Minnesota they already would have pulled the trigger, when the Celtics had a number 6 pick

I'm not sure if the Celtics actually were that interested to give a ton of first round picks away.

But now with the inclusion of the Cavs pick, and potential picks from Washington added to it, then more 1st rounders can be added.

I don't know. I think Ainge values his 1st rounders more than we think.

But same is true, Minnesota wasn't that enticed with 1st rounders.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 07:58:40 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff

I'm not sure if the Celtics actually were that interested to give a ton of first round picks away.

But now with the inclusion of the Cavs pick, and potential picks from Washington added to it, then more 1st rounders can be added.

I don't know. I think Ainge values his 1st rounders more than we think.

But same is true, Minnesota wasn't that enticed with 1st rounders.

Minnesota doesn't trust themselves to draft is the sense I get