Author Topic: Blatt - "Cavs won't trade Wiggins for Love"  (Read 4641 times)

Blatt - "Cavs won't trade Wiggins for Love"
« on: July 13, 2014, 05:33:41 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
"There's no reason or cause for worry on his part because Andrew's not going anywhere, as far as I know and as far as the club has expressed," Blatt told reporters Saturday following the Cavaliers' Summer League practice in Las Vegas.

I would think for a guy like Andrew, to have the opportunity to play with arguably one of the best players of all time, and to learn from him and to be tutored by him and to play alongside him -- which he will -- I gotta think that's a tremendous boost to his confidence.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11209471/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-andrew-wiggins-coach-david-blatt-says

Didn't see this posted , sry if it was already . Great news if you are a C's fan . If Cavs aren't offering Wiggins , I think the C's still have a legit shot to get Love by the deadline . We shall see.

Re: Blatt - "Cavs won't trade Wiggins for Love"
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 05:35:22 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Delighted with this if it proves to be true.

Cavs will be much more enjoyable to watch with LeBron teaching youngsters than trading away youth for veterans + as OP says, K-Love is back on the table.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 05:53:45 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I think the Cavs can still offer the best players with Waiters, Thompson, and Bennett.

However, I still think the Celtics have the best combination of young talent, and great draft picks. Those Nets picks are looking better each day, Flip would be an idiot not to jump on them.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 05:57:05 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I think the chances of getting Love just went up don't you think?

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 12:36:39 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

If the Cavs don't trade Wiggins, it will be a shame. No one is talking about all of the other amazing things they could probably do with that trade chip...

Who says no, for example, to a Wiggins-Drummond swap? What about Wiggins and Varejao for Cousins and Stauskas? What would Utah say if you offered Wiggins and Varejao for Favors and Exum?

It seems like there are a million ways Cleveland could spend their Wiggins chip to improve their team now and still be stocked with huge upside players.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 12:38:34 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Wow, Flip just got flipped off by Blatt.

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 12:39:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Wow, Flip just got flipped off by Blatt.
You mean he got blattantly fliped?  ;D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Holding onto Wiggins is the way to be IMO. T-Wolves would freak out if they could make that trade.

Poor T-Wolves .. .can't ever seem to get out of their own way.

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 12:47:18 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
... because Kevin Love doesn't make their team demonstrably better than Andrew Wiggins.  ;)
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 12:52:16 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Unless something transpires for Minni I think we have to admit that just like Houston, the C's offered them the best deal (Sully, 6, 17, future 1st) and they screwed up.   What could have been....

Houston
Rondo
Harden
Parsons
Jones
Howard

Boston
Lin/Smart
Bradley/Young/Thorton
Green
Sully/KO
Asik/Zeller

or

Minni
Draft 6,13,17
Rubio
Martin
Brewer/Muhamed
Sullinger
Pekovic/Deing

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 12:54:48 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13
Cavs can get Love without Wiggins, if Love expresses he will re-sign only with the Cavs.
Worst case scenario for cavs that he joins in 2015 to the cavs as a free agent.

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 01:04:27 PM »

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18
Cavs can get Love without Wiggins, if Love expresses he will re-sign only with the Cavs.

Depends if Love is looking for a max contract or willing to take less as with Irving/LeBron both on max contracts doesn't leave a lot of room, I could be wrong...

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 01:14:01 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

If the Cavs don't trade Wiggins, it will be a shame. No one is talking about all of the other amazing things they could probably do with that trade chip...

Who says no, for example, to a Wiggins-Drummond swap? What about Wiggins and Varejao for Cousins and Stauskas? What would Utah say if you offered Wiggins and Varejao for Favors and Exum?

It seems like there are a million ways Cleveland could spend their Wiggins chip to improve their team now and still be stocked with huge upside players.

I don't think I'd do either of those trades if I was SAC or UTAH.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

I don't think I'd do either of those trades if I was SAC or UTAH.

I'll probably wouldn't do that trade, if I were Detroit.

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 01:31:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Depends if Love is looking for a max contract or willing to take less as with Irving/LeBron both on max contracts doesn't leave a lot of room, I could be wrong...

LBJ can opt out/restructure his deal after one year, to accommodate Love if he chooses to.  He has really set his team up nicely.