Author Topic: Say we do pretty bad next year, or end up not making the playoffs...  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
What would you guys give up for a pick in the 2015 draft to pick either Karl Towns Jr. or Jahil Okafor?

I think Karl Towns Jr. sort of reminds me of Kevin Love, but a more athletic/stronger version. I think he'll be a great stretch four, and has a great post game too.

But Okafor... phew... this guy looks like a monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsPf5NrGYDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOdv6nhrn68

I would give up a lot of our 'assets,' if there was a possibility we could get any of the two.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Say we do pretty bad next year, or end up not making the playoffs...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 04:44:04 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I havent seen enough of their game to really evaluate them. Next years college season will show what these guys are really made of. If either one is projected as a franchise/allstar talent I would give literally anything to get them. Boston does not have a franchise player. I refuse to believe Rondo is that. He is good but you dont build a franchise with him as a foundation...He is a good secondary or third piece but you dont start with him.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 04:48:53 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I havent seen enough of their game to really evaluate them. Next years college season will show what these guys are really made of. If either one is projected as a franchise/allstar talent I would give literally anything to get them. Boston does not have a franchise player. I refuse to believe Rondo is that. He is good but you dont build a franchise with him as a foundation...He is a good secondary or third piece but you dont start with him.

Trust me man, watch any of the videos, and these guys are already touted as one of the best big men prospects in a long time. Okafor and Karl both have over 7 feet wingspans.

Fun fact: Anthony Davis and Karl Towns Jr faced against each other in the Olympics. Karl Towns Jr at the time had just turned 17 a few months ago. He graduated high school a year early, due to the fact he had a 4.0, (4.3 from most sources apparently,) and is an intelligent hard working individual.

His game is supposed to translate to the NBA, because hes a great floor spacing, and is great at passing to his teammates. Unfortunately both Okafor/Karl Towns need to improve and work hard on their defensive fundamentals, as their both still far away from being great defenders despite their height/wingspan and lack of huge explosiveness.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 04:51:21 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Trust me man, watch any of the videos, and these guys are already touted as one of the best big men prospects in a long time. Okafor and Karl both have over 7 feet wingspans.

I want the Celtic's to land Okafor, he looks like a classic big man who can score inside and defend the rim, exactly what we need to pair with Smart and our stretch 4's. I would try be very open to trading Rondo + other picks for a top pick.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 04:52:54 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I want the Celtic's to land Okafor, he looks like a classic big man who can score inside and defend the rim, exactly what we need to pair with Smart and our stretch 4's. I would try be very open to trading Rondo + other picks for a top pick.

Me too. The NBA gods haven't been too nice to us, but I would also love Towns or Okafor just the same. I think Towns will have the better NBA career due to his height, longer wingspan, and the fact that in the NBA floor spacing is becoming more and more prominent.

Apparently Okafor has a 7.35 wingspan too, but SI/ESPN says otherwise.

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 04:54:01 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

Anthony Davis/Griffin/and Embiid are pretty recent haha.

And I just dont put too much stock in Highschool videos. Yes a 6-10 guy can dunk over 6-4 kids. If he can produce at a high level in college against some superior competition then I will start to take these guys seriously.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 04:57:12 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Anthony Davis/Griffin/and Embiid are pretty recent haha.

And I just dont put too much stock in Highschool videos. Yes a 6-10 guy can dunk over 6-4 kids. If he can produce at a high level in college against some superior competition then I will start to take these guys seriously.

That is true. I guess you can say that about Davis. I'll reserve judgment on Embiid, because I don't honestly think he'll ever remain healthy. A stress fracture is a very tough injury to get over, due to the consistent twist and turns, and him being 6'11/7 feet would add onto that risk.

I don't even consider Griffin on the same level as Anthony Davis, because Davis has the tools and potential to surpass Tim Duncan if he ever reached his potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLOQWTaD7i0

Karl Towns vs Anthony Davis video up ahead if you wanna check it out. You can also see how intelligent and well spoken Karl Towns is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoHfZOdh2pk

Andrew Wiggins vs Karl Towns Jr in a impromptu 3 point contest, where their definitely far behind the HS/College 3pt line.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 05:36:53 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
If we are going to tank again and go for one of these guys, we need to trade Rondo and Green for younger players and tank the right way.  Besides Philly, who would be our top tanking competition.  I guess Orlando and Utah won't be a ton better yet.  Minnesota will suck if they trade Love.  Milwaukee should be better.

There is no sense keeping Rondo and Green if our goal is to get a top 3 pick.We could win 30-35 games and end up getting a 6th or 7th pick again.  Then Green could opt out (which he will) and we could end up losing them both for nothing.

At the very least we could get Michael Kidd Gilchrist and Ben McLemore.  And we could be a 20 win team.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 08:16:40 PM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
I would love to get either of these guys, but even if we don't we could take best player available with our first pick and grab a Willie Cauley-Stein with on of our 2 other first rounders