Author Topic: The eastern conference is now legitimate again.  (Read 6940 times)

Re: The eastern conference is now legitimate again.
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I was hoping Philly would have a bigger impact in Free-Agency, but doesn't seem like that's going to happen. Guess we'll have to make do with 2 second rounders.

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 07:40:02 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
1. Pacers
2. Bulls
3. Cavs
4. Heat
5. Wizards
6. Raptors
7. Hawks
8. Nets

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 07:45:02 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
1. Cavs
2. Wizards
3. Pacers
4. Raptors
5. Bulls
6. Heat
7. Hawks
8. Knicks

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 08:21:17 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
It agree with those who feel like the Pacers overperformed last season. I have Bulls #1.

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 08:26:41 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Bulls are hot garbage. They made no noise in the playoffs last year. I dont get the hype around them. They've been worse every year since 09.

Two words. Pau Gasol.

Adding Gasol to Noah is a lethal front court combo. Allows Gasol to focus on being the offensive threat they needs. Noah and Gasol are two of the games best passing big men and will complement each other very well.

The Bulls could shut down team easily last year. Gasol might be able to give them enough offense to be more legitimate overall. He also allows the pressure for Rose to perform at his MVP level off a bit.

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 08:33:06 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
1. Pacers
2. Cavs
3. Bulls
4. Heat
5. Wizards
6. Raptors
7. Knicks
8. Celtics  ;)

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 08:44:03 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Bulls are hot garbage. They made no noise in the playoffs last year. I dont get the hype around them. They've been worse every year since 09.

Two words. Pau Gasol.

Adding Gasol to Noah is a lethal front court combo. Allows Gasol to focus on being the offensive threat they needs. Noah and Gasol are two of the games best passing big men and will complement each other very well.

The Bulls could shut down team easily last year. Gasol might be able to give them enough offense to be more legitimate overall. He also allows the pressure for Rose to perform at his MVP level off a bit.

The rookie they got will also turn out to be an extremely good role-player for them, I have little doubt about that... and they also added Mirotic.

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 09:11:22 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
The east is still weak, but the Miami separation will help distribute the teams so you don't have such a top heavy conference. Also, Parker and all the other draft picks from this year will help the teams a lot int he coming years-- especially Philly in the future. My rankings:

1. Cavs <-- Wiggins, Lebron, Irving will be huge for them.. and what if they get Love too?
2. Wizards <-- They will make it to the ECF; Pierce is better than Ariza
3. Bulls <-- Assuming Rose is healthy, a front line of Pau and Noah will be great
4. Heat <-- I really think Deng will be solid, Bosh will step up; Wade will play his usual 50 games out of 82
5. Pacers <-- Hilbbert is done, and without Lance, they'll hurt
6. Hawks <-- If Harford is back and healthy
7. Hornets <-- If they can get Haywood and Jefferson stays healthy
8. Raptors <-- They kept Lowry and were solid last year

----
9. Nets <-- Garnett will be out for most of the year, Williams will probably fight with his coach again; Just an overall dysfunctional team. Livingston left, Blatche leaving. Pierce gone.
10. Knicks <-- Melo will have one of his best years number wise, but they have no one else on their team
11. Pistons <-- Monroe and Drummond will be big for them
12. Celtics <-- Rondo will be healthy causing wins for half the season before he gets traded. Celtics always play with effort causing us to get a higher seed than we should on paper. Would love to be where the Magic & 76ers are.
13. Bucks <-- Parker will have some solid games but I'm not high on Kidd as a coach
14. Magic <-- Aaron Gordon won't help them
15. Sixers <-- Tank city!

At least many of the teams are not a joke anymore. Top 5-6 Teams are actually respectable, and the bottom teams such as the 76ers and Bucks have bright futures.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:16:27 PM by zerophase »

Become Legendary.

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 09:24:14 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think the East has gotten weaker at the top but better in the mid playoff seeds, low playoff seeds and just outside playoff picture.

Less elite teams and less awful teams. More midlevel teams.

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 09:26:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I think the East has gotten weaker at the top but better in the mid playoff seeds, low playoff seeds and just outside playoff picture.

Less elite teams and less awful teams. More midlevel teams.

Yep. No real talent (that I recall) changed conferences, so it has all been shifting of pieces within conferences.

The only one I can think of is Pau Gasol.

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 09:41:19 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
The top 5 teams in the west are still better than anything in the East.

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 09:49:52 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
The east is still weak, but the Miami separation will help distribute the teams so you don't have such a top heavy conference. Also, Parker and all the other draft picks from this year will help the teams a lot int he coming years-- especially Philly in the future. My rankings:

1. Cavs <-- Wiggins, Lebron, Irving will be huge for them.. and what if they get Love too?
2. Wizards <-- They will make it to the ECF; Pierce is better than Ariza
3. Bulls <-- Assuming Rose is healthy, a front line of Pau and Noah will be great
4. Heat <-- I really think Deng will be solid, Bosh will step up; Wade will play his usual 50 games out of 82
5. Pacers <-- Hilbbert is done, and without Lance, they'll hurt
6. Hawks <-- If Harford is back and healthy
7. Hornets <-- If they can get Haywood and Jefferson stays healthy
8. Raptors <-- They kept Lowry and were solid last year

----
9. Nets <-- Garnett will be out for most of the year, Williams will probably fight with his coach again; Just an overall dysfunctional team. Livingston left, Blatche leaving. Pierce gone.
10. Knicks <-- Melo will have one of his best years number wise, but they have no one else on their team
11. Pistons <-- Monroe and Drummond will be big for them
12. Celtics <-- Rondo will be healthy causing wins for half the season before he gets traded. Celtics always play with effort causing us to get a higher seed than we should on paper. Would love to be where the Magic & 76ers are.
13. Bucks <-- Parker will have some solid games but I'm not high on Kidd as a coach
14. Magic <-- Aaron Gordon won't help them
15. Sixers <-- Tank city!

At least many of the teams are not a joke anymore. Top 5-6 Teams are actually respectable, and the bottom teams such as the 76ers and Bucks have bright futures.

Jazz matched the Hornets offer so it will be only Big Al, I will replace them with the Nets
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 10:19:50 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Recent successful playoff teams have had great balance, a couple of players playing out of their minds, and quick and aggressive play on both ends with youthful explosiveness balanced by veteran consistency.

Wiz are a team to watch this year.

Cleveland is a team to watch.

Bulls.

Heat, still in the mix.

Indy, still has the talent.

Top 5 seeds looking fairly even, at least in the starting 5. 

Coaching & cohesion will matter huge this year.

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 12:12:17 AM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
i hope the wizards gets kg via buy-out

wall
beal
pierce/singleton
nene/gooden/kg
gortat/kg

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 12:38:37 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Last year the east was an absolute joke. now its just a jv league or d2.