Author Topic: Rondo and the system  (Read 546 times)

Rondo and the system
« on: July 13, 2014, 09:56:59 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Keep Rondo! Trade Rondo! He's great!  He's not that great!  And the debates go on and on.

I think the real problem with the C's, as currently constructed, is that it doesn't fit with Rondo!  In my opinion, he's the BEST in the NBA at getting players open shots.  Hands down!  The best!  He may stand pounding the ball, but he'll eventually get someone an open shot, the vast majority of the time.
Our problem here is, he's the president of the bricklayers union!  No PP.  No RA.  No KG.  No under the radar sharpshooter FA's!  Rondo is getting our guys open shots, but we don't have a group of players that can CONSISTENTLY make them!
It also doesn't fit BS philosophy of the three being the most valuable shot in basketball--and encouraging his players to take every open three they get---regardless of who it is.  Sully out there hoisting up threes left and right, shooting in the 20% range.  KO got better as the season went on, but in SL, again shooting sub 30%.  And you bring in MSmart.  He could be VP of the bricklayers club! 
Rondo is just not the PG for this group of players, as his bricklaying is well documented.  Either surround him with shooters, or you swap him for players that fit in better with the direction you seem to be going in, which many of us are still unsure of.
If DA had drafted NStauskas and DMcDermott, and signed SHawes and TAriza I would have shuddered at our team defense, but holy cow----think about Rondo getting THOSE GUYS open shots!!!!  Rondo is made for a team like that---where he doesn't even have to think about ever taking a shot.
Rajon isn't getting any younger, the East is getting better, with a couple of teams that are gonna be pretty darn hard to impossible to beat in the next few years.  Real tough sledding anyway you look at it, but I just can't see DA putting the right kind of players around RR to keep him around---or for him WANTING to stay around.

Re: Rondo and the system
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 10:03:49 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Rondo is in a contract year, so he will play hard.
After he plays hard for a while, trade him for whatever you can get, because he is not worth max money.
Then go young and start Smart, Young, Green, Sullinger, and Zeller.