Author Topic: Patience, Patience, Patience  (Read 1925 times)

Patience, Patience, Patience
« on: July 13, 2014, 07:26:52 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Maybe it's for the best. I even stated there might be fireworks but everything has been pretty quiet. but the good thing is there haven't been any mistakes. we took Marcus Smart and James Young in the draft and were awarded an "A" for those picks.  then an opportunity arose where the Celtics were at the right place at the right time just because we had what two other teams needed to make a deal. and for what cost us absolutely nothing we were handed Tyler Zeller, Marcus Thornton and a first round draft pick.
we are still sitting on an arsenal of draft picks and assets that if maneuvered correctly can give us the right pieces to be a contender this year.  yes, that's correct, I said, "THIS YEAR!!!  I am getting so sick and tired of hearing the word "tanking" or phrases like "maybe in a couple years" or "get rid of Rondo".

I don't think our players want to ever go through another season like last year. I don't think Ainge wants to either but there's plenty of time and anyone he brings in here now will be seasoned vets and will be ready to go.

Re: Patience, Patience, Patience
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 07:34:15 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Unless there is a dramatic change to the roster the C's are heading to the lottery again. The East is actually decent now. Lebron going to the Cavs and Bosh and Wade staying have made the East deeper. I have at least 10 teams in the East better than the C's.

Cavs
Indiana
Bulls
Washington
Toronto
Miami
Charlotte
Brooklyn
Atlanta
NYK

C's are in that next tier if Orlando, Bucks etc...

Looking at a 25-35 win season and that's with a fully healthy Rondo.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 07:44:25 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Unless there is a dramatic change to the roster the C's are heading to the lottery again. The East is actually decent now. Lebron going to the Cavs and Bosh and Wade staying have made the East deeper. I have at least 10 teams in the East better than the C's.

Cavs
Indiana
Bulls
Washington
Toronto
Miami
Charlotte
Brooklyn
Atlanta
NYK

C's are in that next tier if Orlando, Bucks etc...

Looking at a 25-35 win season and that's with a fully healthy Rondo.

Even the Magic and Bucks (lots of injuries last year) could be better.  Saying that we may have a fighting chance at the playoffs.  I don't think the Knicks will be better, the Nets just lost Pierce with everyone else a year older,  if Wade only plays 2/3 of the games who knows with the Heat.  Things could be wide open in the East.  Could make for a very interesting season.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 07:57:31 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Maybe it's for the best. I even stated there might be fireworks but everything has been pretty quiet.

Wyc? Glad to see you posting here! Is the Love deal really dead?

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 08:32:32 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Surprising post given the thread title.  I agree that it is good that DA isn't making mistakes. He isn't wildly swinging for the fences, but is taking what is available to take. He is being patient and I think it may take a year or 2 before an opportunity for serious fireworks occurs.

If Love is off the table I think any hope of contention next season is off the table. C's need more than Love to contend anyway.  I have no problem with waiting for the right move(s).

And, rebuilding isn't tanking. Tanking is being purposefully bad to get a good draft pick. Next year is focused on developing and improving-- building assets as DA searches for possibilities to bring stars to the roster.

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 08:55:07 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I trust danny ainge. so far his moves(other than signing bradley to that contract) have all been solid.

I feel like we are much farther along in the rebuild than we were the last time. Ainge has something like what? 8 - 10 first round picks over the next 4 years and alot of young talent. that should give him flexibility to make some moves

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 09:30:02 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I have no problem waiting for another championship & I have no problem waiting on young guys. It's this holding onto players that do absolutely nothing for us like bass, green & Wallace that I have a problem with. And I can't stand watching them play on top of it.

every one of those guys are too good to make us bad and too bad to make us good. it's such a horrible place to be in this league.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 09:45:14 AM »

Offline thehumburger

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Maybe it's for the best. I even stated there might be fireworks but everything has been pretty quiet. but the good thing is there haven't been any mistakes. we took Marcus Smart and James Young in the draft and were awarded an "A" for those picks.  then an opportunity arose where the Celtics were at the right place at the right time just because we had what two other teams needed to make a deal. and for what cost us absolutely nothing we were handed Tyler Zeller, Marcus Thornton and a first round draft pick.
we are still sitting on an arsenal of draft picks and assets that if maneuvered correctly can give us the right pieces to be a contender this year.  yes, that's correct, I said, "THIS YEAR!!!  I am getting so sick and tired of hearing the word "tanking" or phrases like "maybe in a couple years" or "get rid of Rondo".

I don't think our players want to ever go through another season like last year. I don't think Ainge wants to either but there's plenty of time and anyone he brings in here now will be seasoned vets and will be ready to go.

Unless he does get rid of Rondo, which I think he'd do given the right amount of assets. Or Bass or Green; neither of them will bring back an upgraded veteran talent. They'd both either be for youth/picks or even straight salary dumps, and are both legit possibilities.