Author Topic: Detroit as a trade partner?  (Read 6733 times)

Re: Detroit as a trade partner?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 08:31:23 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'd be tempted with a Rondo/Green for Codwell Pope/Monroe/filler.

You would be, trouble is Detroit would fall out of the chair laughing at this offer.

Depends on what Detroit is wanting to do, and if they are willing to give Monroe more than 12 mill.

If he wants 15, they might not want to pay him since they're going to want to pay Drummond. Monroe will be easier to move at 15 Mill than Smith. Move Monroe, Smith moves to PF were he should do well, Green is the SF that they really could use, much better than Butler, and Rondo is the PG that they've been looking for, but been trying to find with the 3 PG's that they've signed.

Cadwell-Pope hasn't done much yet. His SL play was good, but that still SL. I'd throw in one of our SG's, but Detroit couldn't match salaries with AB and Thorton being 8 mill.

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I'd take Josh Smith on the Celtics very happily...

For Wallace and Bass.

And we'd have a puncher's chance and a fun team next year, a gritty defense squad with Bradley, Green, and Smith at the 2-3-4 spots.

+1....and include Rondo/Smart at the 1.....wow...that's a defensive nightmare for any team

Enough d to make up for Zeller/Olynyk at the 5?

Need the shooting at center for spacing.

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 09:15:18 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I honestly salivate at the idea of. Trade for Smith & Monroe.
Green, Bass, Wallace, two #1s for smith and Monroe S&t @$15M/yr
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2014, 09:35:33 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't think Monroe is worth it unless you think he is good enough that you'd be willing to send out Sullinger in a trade to Detroit.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference