Author Topic: Klay to Minny/Love to Boston idea  (Read 1346 times)

Klay to Minny/Love to Boston idea
« on: July 12, 2014, 09:05:02 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
This is the way that Boston can get Love.  They want Klay, they want to dump Martin.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qg9jcrt

Wolves get Lee/Klay like they want, also get Olynyk and 2 picks from us.

Warriors get Bass/Bogans for Lee which is pretty good salary relief (they are paying a lot to Lee/Curry/Igoudala right now) we can also give them the rights to James Young and two future picks for giving up Klay.

We trade Cavs pick, Clippers pick and the 2016 and 2018 Nets picks.  We sign Ed Davis with MLE.

Us:

Zeller. Ed Davis 
Love. Sullinger
Green. Wallace
Bradley. Martin. Thornton
Rondo. Smart

Still have all of our own picks, plus 2015 protected Philly pick, plus right to swap with Nets in 2017.

Re: Klay to Minny/Love to Boston idea
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 09:12:12 PM »

Offline Celtsfan92

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 11
This is the way that Boston can get Love.  They want Klay, they want to dump Martin.

Warriors get Bass/Bogans for Lee which is pretty good salary relief (they are paying a lot to Lee/Curry/Igoudala right now) we can also give them the rights to James Young and two future picks for giving up Klay.

We trade Cavs pick, Clippers pick and the 2016 and 2018 Nets picks.  We sign Ed Davis with MLE.

Us:

Zeller. Ed Davis 
Love. Sullinger
Green. Wallace
Rondo. Smart

Still have all of our own picks, plus 2015 protected Philly pick, plus right to swap with Nets in 2017.

I LOVE where your heads at, but there's just no way GSW does that. They don't want salary relief, they don't want draft picks, they want to win now and the package from us just isn't enough. They don't want to give up Klay when they're GETTING Kevin Love, so why would they do it when they're not getting him?

Again - nice work on the TM, I love te thought process, but it's just completely unrealistic

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 09:24:57 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Us:

Zeller. Ed Davis 
Love. Sullinger
Green. Wallace
Rondo. Smart

I LOVE where your heads at, but there's just no way GSW does that. They don't want salary relief, they don't want draft picks, they want to win now and the package from us just isn't enough. They don't want to give up Klay when they're GETTING Kevin Love, so why would they do it when they're not getting him?

Again - nice work on the TM, I love te thought process, but it's just completely unrealistic

Agreed

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 09:28:17 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
I agree, but if they are going to entertain Klay to Minny in a Love to Cleveland trade, what are they getting?  Waiters and a pick? 

I guess it depends on how much they value David Lee and how much they want to stay below luxury tax.  Are they going to extend Klay and may him with their other big 3 salaries?

I think between James Young and Olynyk and our draft picks we can get more to Minny and G-St than Cleveland can.  (Unless Clevland trades Waiters, Tristan, Bennett, and multiple picks)

I guess if Cleveland sells the farm they could roll out LeBron, Love, Varajeo, Kyrie, Wiggins and no bench.  But who needs a bench when your top 4 is that good!

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 09:43:18 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I don't think this makes any sense for the Warriors.  From what I'm seeing they  basically give up Klay Thompson and David Lee in return for...cap relief and a couple of unproven assets?  I don't see that happening. 

I think they would rather just keep what they have.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 09:44:23 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I agree, but if they are going to entertain Klay to Minny in a Love to Cleveland trade, what are they getting?  Waiters and a pick? 

I guess it depends on how much they value David Lee and how much they want to stay below luxury tax.  Are they going to extend Klay and may him with their other big 3 salaries?

I think between James Young and Olynyk and our draft picks we can get more to Minny and G-St than Cleveland can.  (Unless Clevland trades Waiters, Tristan, Bennett, and multiple picks)

I guess if Cleveland sells the farm they could roll out LeBron, Love, Varajeo, Kyrie, Wiggins and no bench.  But who needs a bench when your top 4 is that good!

I wouldn't worry about cleveland..I don't think they have anything of interest to offer the Wolves, and I don't think they are going to get Love...period.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 10:36:02 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I wouldn't worry about cleveland..I don't think they have anything of interest to offer the Wolves, and I don't think they are going to get Love...period.

Yeah, I think the Wolves talk was more before Lebron wanted to come. They were talking about it to lure Lebron to Cleveland, to make it look better. But I think Lebron has actually learned a lesson, and the Spurs showed that you need more than 3 guys to make it work. I think the C's got hurt a little in 2010 with their money tied up, not as bad as Miami, but they didn't have a couple bench pieces like a legit back up Center that could have helped a bit.

Lebron may have said they need to roll with Irving and him as the big money guys and bring in average pay guys to fill in the holes. Once Wiggins is up for his next contract, Lebron can take less money and let Wiggins have the big payday.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 11:47:16 PM »

Offline Afam

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
If the Wolves wanted Klay, they don't need cavs help to do It. Plus why would the Warriors trade Klay and not get Love in return.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 12:00:09 AM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
so the wolves give up klay, someone they value more than kevin love, and get nothing good in return just to help boston get kevin love. ok.