Author Topic: The rockets are DESPERATE for a PF  (Read 4761 times)

The rockets are DESPERATE for a PF
« on: July 12, 2014, 08:08:11 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Pau Gasol, Chris Bosh
Terrence Jones is a non-factor offensively and undersized defensively at that 4 spot for them. and we got more depth at that position than anywhere else.. and Asik's trade to Pelicans hasnt been finalized..

I'd be willing to bet that they'd open the trade door for a Bass & 1st round for Asik, or a Sullinger/Olynyk & Bogans for Asik right now. They'd get better scoring at this week position and would save some money for next year.
The trade machine has verified this.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: The rockets are DESPERATE for a PF
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 08:17:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Pau Gasol, Chris Bosh
Terrence Jones is a non-factor offensively and undersized defensively at that 4 spot for them. and we got more depth at that position than anywhere else.. and Asik's trade to Pelicans hasnt been finalized..

I'd be willing to bet that they'd open the trade door for a Bass & 1st round for Asik, or a Sullinger/Olynyk & Bogans for Asik right now. They'd get better scoring at this week position and would save some money for next year.

Terrance Jones V Jared Sullinger
Terrance Jones V Kelly Olynyk
Terrance Jones V Brandon Bass

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=joneste01&y1=2014&p2=sullija01&y2=2014&p3=bassbr01&y3=2014&p4=olynyke01&y4=2014#advanced::none

Jones was better than all of them last season, both sides of the ball.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 08:19:44 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
You're really underselling Terrence Jones here.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 08:34:16 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Asik's trade hasn't been finalized, but it is getting done.  They're just trying to find the most advantageous way of doing the deal.

I actually think the hold up might be that Melvin Ely and his unguaranteed contract cannot be traded until three months after April 13, 2014 (when he signed his contract).
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 09:09:50 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Pau Gasol, Chris Bosh

Terrance Jones V Jared Sullinger
Terrance Jones V Kelly Olynyk
Terrance Jones V Brandon Bass

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=joneste01&y1=2014&p2=sullija01&y2=2014&p3=bassbr01&y3=2014&p4=olynyke01&y4=2014#advanced::none

Jones was better than all of them last season, both sides of the ball.

To be fair though, Jones was, what, the 4th scoring option behind Harden, Howard, and Parsons?  Also, and this has nothing to do with you, but people, sportscasters, and the rest have got to stop saying 'both sides of the ball.'  I know what you're trying to say, but a ball, as a sphere, has no sides, and if it did, it would be an inside vs outside type of deal, which is not the comparison that you're trying to make.  It's not a rectangle or triangle with defined edges for sides.  I just think that that is one of the dumbest comments among these so-called 'experts' of today ::)  Sorry for the mini-rant, btw, haha.  Like I said, it has nothing to do with you.  Can't we say both ends of the court, or that so-and-so is a great two-way player, instead?

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 09:16:09 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Lol, Id hate that rant if it wasn't exactly the type of bullpoop I could easily see myself saying under different circumstances. TP for being accurate.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 12:07:01 AM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
Dwight and Bass didn't get along in Orlando he want be traded there.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 12:19:04 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Dwight and Bass didn't get along in Orlando he want be traded there.

I can't find any article mentioning their friction.. could be just a rumour... one thing for sure is that they argue about shaving...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afWj0BJkHjg
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 11:39:46 AM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
I just remember this exact trade being mentioned at the deadline, and many people bringing up that point. It could be more of their playing styles than attitudes, but something wasn't right with those two in Orlando.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 11:51:54 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
i'd trade either one of Sully or KO for Terrence Jones. Probably Sully, given how well KO has progressed.

- LilRip

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 12:00:07 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Jones > Bass that trade isn't happening. I believe Rockets wanted to land Green, Hump and two 1st round picks for Lin and Asik at their "Asik deadline". Trade was turned down by C's. Never heard of any interest in Bass.

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I am a huge Terrence Jones fan. Ive had the privilege to talk about him with many on here.  And i know the most about Terrence Jones on this blog...

jkjkjkjkj . The only issue I see with terrence Jones and Houston was that he got totally ripped by Lamarcus Aldridge in the playoffs. I think LA had close to 80 pts in 2 games . It got so bad that they sat T Jones and went with Asik.

Now I remember Bass was statistically one of the best interior defenders at a point last season(someone might have more info). Is Bass' defense good enough?

This is the main point. If we trade Rondo to HOU we demand Terrence Jones be involved...PERIOD.

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 12:25:08 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Pau Gasol, Chris Bosh

terrence Jones is not undersized. he's 6'9.5'' has a 7'2,25'' wingspan and a 8'11'' reach. And he's 253

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 12:30:34 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i'd trade either one of Sully or KO for Terrence Jones. Probably Sully, given how well KO has progressed.
I understand, but my concern is the sully is the only real low post player the celtics have, and their best rebounder.

Olly, on the other hand, is more away from the basket in his play. This, I think, makes him closer in play to Zeller.  Zeller could replicate olly's game more than he can sully's. so losing olly is less of a loss, at least to me.

I would welcome the thoughts of others on this.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 12:54:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Should have traded one of our magnificent PFs for Asik