Author Topic: How about the Wizards as a Jeff Green dumping ground?  (Read 3195 times)

Re: How about the Wizards as a Jeff Green dumping ground?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 06:07:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think maybe I was about 5 minutes late with my trade suggestion.    Porter is going off right now in summer league... the Wizard fans are losing their minds.   Don't think Porter's trade value is going to remain rock bottom for long.

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 06:09:51 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I know Green can be annoying at times but he is far from our problem. People on here are dying to get rid of him for some reason, honestly it's got out of control at this point.

Did you guys forget about Wallace? This is one of the worse contracts in the league, hello!!!

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 06:16:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
With the way guys are getting paid this offseason Green is basically an expiring comtract since he can opt out next year. I have no desire to 'dump' him, but if we could acquire a younger player with considerable potential, I would consider making a deal (assuming Danny doesn't land an all-star in trade).

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 06:26:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Porter today: 25 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists in 28 minutes... 11-16 shooting. 

Yeah, nevermind... They are best off just hanging onto the young fella and developing him with Wall and Beal.

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 07:01:27 PM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Can we dump the "dump Green" threads?

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 07:05:02 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I actually like Jeff Green and hope he stays...
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 07:55:49 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Their options are dwindling - the Hornets just got the player that will put them over the top - Marvin Williams - 2 years/14 million....wow. I think I need to be  6'9 and be able to shoot at an abysmal rate.

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 08:01:20 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I would do Green for Porter in a vacuum.

I think WAS would have interest as well.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 08:48:44 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Can we dump the "dump Green" threads?

+1
Jeff Green isn't an All Star but he's a good player, and based on the contracts that are being offered to Parsons, Ariza, Hayward, etc, he's actually a bargain.   I don't understand why everyone is trying so hard to get rid of him.  He's the least of our problems. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2014, 08:49:26 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
If you had to trade Green for MKG or Porter Jr... who would you pull the trigger on?

Porter jr by default, haha ;D  Remember, Green has strong ties to DC because of his Georgetown days, and had arguably his best game of the year at the Verizon Center with 39 points and 9 rebounds :o  Amazing (sarcasm)!  Who knew he could grab 9 rebounds?  I remember posting something to the effect of, 'Please Danny, trade him now!  His value will never be higher ;D (the 43 point game against the Heat aside, of course)"  Plus, just like if he played for the Grizzlies, Green would be, at best, their 3rd scoring option, probably tied with Nene, after Wall and Beal, obviously, which would appear to be the perfect role for him, imo.  Sounds great to me ;D  Where do I sign? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxJ2n1p0ss4