Author Topic: How about the Wizards as a Jeff Green dumping ground?  (Read 3181 times)

How about the Wizards as a Jeff Green dumping ground?
« on: July 12, 2014, 05:44:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
They just lost Ariza to the Rockets... looks like they'll need a SF, right?

They also have cap space to absorb salary.  You could send them Jeff Green and maybe get Otto Porter jr out of it.  Porter Jr had a rough rookie year... he was injured and basically got no minutes at all, but he was the #3 pick and is only 21 years old.  He'd fit in well with the rest of our perpetual tankjob.

Re: How about the Wizards as a Jeff Green dumping ground?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 05:47:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
They don't have cap space. They only have about $3-4 million in room.  Would have to be for a sign-and-trade, presumably for Seraphin, but I'm not sure the numbers could work due to him getting too big of a raise (the Keith Bogans problem).

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 05:48:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
They don't have cap space. They only have about $3-4 million in room.  Would have to be for a sign-and-trade, presumably for Seraphin, but I'm not sure the numbers could work due to him getting too big of a raise (the Keith Bogans problem).
You sure?

What's a reliable up-to-date site that lists cap situations/contracts?  Roy Hobbs use to have a link to an accurate Google Spreadsheet, but I haven't seen an updated one for a few years.   I had been looking hoops hype.  I'm now noticing it doesn't list Gortat in there.  You're probably right.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 05:50:42 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
They don't have the cap space. That's false.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 05:51:21 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
You sure?

What's a reliable up-to-date site that lists cap situations/contracts?  Roy Hobbs use to have a link to an accurate Google Spreadsheet, but I haven't seen an updated one for a few years.   I had been looking hoops hype.  I'm now noticing it doesn't list Gortat in there.  You're probably right.

I use http://www.basketballinsiders.com/

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Big hole for Wizards to fill now...they will take a step back w/o a very good SF..Green or Deng maybe
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 05:51:39 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I like Otto Porter a lot. He had a disappointing season offensively last year but has the length and quickness to be a big factor defensively, as well as a pretty good 3 point shot.

But I also like Jeff Green, and god knows the Celtics need his scoring/ability to get to the bucket now more than ever.

I'm a bit torn on this one, but Webster + Porter for Green I'd probabaly pull the trigger on. Washington is allegedly high on Green from what i'ver heard. 

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 05:54:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
BTW, Porter looks phenomenal right now in Summer league.  Dude didn't get a chance last year.  His injury kept him out all summer league/preseason/training camp and by the time he was healthy they were in a playoff race. 

He'll be someone to keep an eye out next season.  Just jumped on a Wizards forum and they are celebrating that Ariza leaving frees up a slot for Porter Jr.

Cap space or no cap space... Green makes 9 mil.  Porter makes 4.7 mil... You could probably make up the difference.   Oh well.

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
If you had to trade Green for MKG or Porter Jr... who would you pull the trigger on?

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 05:56:51 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
You sure?

I tend to use basketball-reference.com and shamsports for cap data.  I don't get asked to answer a question on those sites.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
You sure?

I tend to use basketball-reference.com and shamsports for cap data.  I don't get asked to answer a question on those sites.
Where does Basketball-reference list it?  I've never seen it.

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 06:01:46 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Big hole for Wizards to fill now...they will take a step back w/o a very good SF..Green or Deng maybe

Washington would love to replace Ariza with free agent Luol Deng, but only has the mid-level exception to offer him. He's seeking $10M-plus.

Wojo

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 06:02:06 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
If you had to trade Green for MKG or Porter Jr... who would you pull the trigger on?
Tough one!!! Right now maybe MKG
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 06:02:20 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
no one wants green.

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 06:05:53 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
You sure?

Where does Basketball-reference list it?  I've never seen it.

Here.  You can also get to team payroll pages by clicking on the dollar sign by the team name from the menu at the top or the payroll link near the top of the page for the team's most recent season.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference