Author Topic: Lakers are a mess  (Read 4544 times)

Lakers are a mess
« on: July 12, 2014, 04:52:13 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
so, you have Kobe making 20 million$ a year.

They just lost out on the melo sweepstakes, and now Gasol is out the door. what do the Lakers do next? Also, they dont have any assets really to make any significant trades. and there arent many top free agents out on the market anymore.

in a way I kind of feel bad for Kobe(actually I dont because his contract is rediculous) that he is going to play his last few years on a middling-bad team.

Re: Lakers are a mess
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 04:53:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Kevin Love 2015... but maybe not if they have that roster disaster going on.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 04:56:17 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

They just lost out on the melo sweepstakes, and now Gasol is out the door. what do the Lakers do next? Also, they dont have any assets really to make any significant trades. and there arent many top free agents out on the market anymore.

in a way I kind of feel bad for Kobe(actually I dont because his contract is rediculous) that he is going to play his last few years on a middling-bad team.
I love this thread. ;D a tp for making me happy today.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 04:56:20 PM »

Offline AfamRealGM

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2

23.5 million and then 25 million, that's a lot worse than 20 million bro.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 04:58:18 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366

23.5 million and then 25 million, that's a lot worse than 20 million bro.

yikes

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 05:00:59 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
 :) ;) :D ;D   that's all I have to say about this thread
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:07:19 PM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 05:05:47 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

It's about bloody time, don't you think?  Couldn't have happened to a better guy ;D

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 05:16:46 PM »

Offline thehumburger

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Jeremy Lin is now their second best player. And here's the rest of their roster:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

with all the top free agents barely giving them a glance. I hope Kobe stays healthy this year so he has to play through the misery and doesn't get to watch from the sidelines.

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 05:17:52 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Im sooooo glad and hope they have worst record in NBA...and they will come close  ;D
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 05:21:09 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
They will find some way to win the lottery next year knowing them but if not their future looks bad lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 05:21:23 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Sorry to be so cynical but the Lakers will always be fine because all they need is cap space.  I get that it's not working out for them this off-season but that is an aberration.  Lakers will put 2 top ten players on the court together within 5 years. They haven't gone 5 years without having the best plyer in the league or 2-3 top 10 players since they moved to LA.  Compare that with every other team in the league.  The lakers GM job is the easiest in all major sports -- clear space, get your guy.  They stupidly overpaid Kobe but worst case that will hurt them for 2 years. 

Unfortunately, they'll be fine.

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 05:55:35 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Sorry to be so cynical but the Lakers will always be fine because all they need is cap space.  I get that it's not working out for them this off-season but that is an aberration.  Lakers will put 2 top ten players on the court together within 5 years. They haven't gone 5 years without having the best plyer in the league or 2-3 top 10 players since they moved to LA.  Compare that with every other team in the league.  The lakers GM job is the easiest in all major sports -- clear space, get your guy.  They stupidly overpaid Kobe but worst case that will hurt them for 2 years. 

Unfortunately, they'll be fine.

Look at Miami.  They needed the best player in the world to leave his hometown and have another top 20 guy be enough of a beta-male to become a role player and they still could only keep it together for 4 years.  The new salary cap/luxury rules really prevent teams from operating like the Lakers used to.

Mike

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 05:58:26 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I don't like it when traditional teams like the Lakers or Knicks are struggling. I much prefer seeing them do well than new teams like Orlando or Oklahoma.

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 06:05:43 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I don't like it when traditional teams like the Lakers or Knicks are struggling. I much prefer seeing them do well than new teams like Orlando or Oklahoma.

I find it to be hilarious and gratifying when they are struggling.

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 06:07:20 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Kobe may be a huge ass but he's really been a great player his entire career. He deserves better than ending his career on a lottery team. It's also not his fault the Lakers are stupid and gave him that deal.  It might be hard to hear but the NBA is just not the same without the Lakers (and Celtics) not being good. They are the royalty of the NBA.