Author Topic: Green and Bass for Michael Kidd Gilchrest  (Read 5224 times)

Re: Green and Bass for Michael Kidd Gilchrest
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 05:36:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
36.5 mil in expiring contracts with Bogans Williams, Anthony, Thornton , Outlaw, terry, and Evans.  We would have to trade some of them for Amare just to keep the roster at 15.  Even if we waive Bogans, Pressey, Babb, johnson, we would be at 16.

Smart. TERRY
Bradley. McLemore.  THORNTON
MKG. Young.  OUTLAW
Sullinger.  Olynyk.  WILLIAMS. EVANS
Biyombo. Zeller. Faverani. ANTHONY

I love it.  Play the 9 young guys, heck play Williams some at the 3 and let You g get some run in the Dleague. 

Next summer combine our 10 young players and 5 extra first round draft picks and try to get some star players.
Yeah I'm not concerned about my hypothetical trades putting us over the roster limit.  Just waive a bunch of the players.  Terry, Outlaw and Evans can all be bought out.   Doesn't matter at that point.

Also, I think the Kings just got a 7 mil TPE by sign-and-trading Thomas.   If Charlotte doesn't want Bass, maybe we can just get the Kings to take him off our hands too.

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Yes Evans, Outlaw, Anthony, Terry would be very expendable.  The remainder of the team would seem almost like a college team:

Freshmen - Smart, Young
Soph-  Olynyk,  McLemore
Jr- Sullinger, MKG, Biyombo, Zeller
Sr- Thornton, Williams, Bradley, Fav

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 08:01:22 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
You want another guy who can't shoot?  Even the people in Charlotte have admitted that MKG"s form is broken ;D  Plus, what else does the guy bring to a game aside from athleticism and defense?  I just don't see the appeal, so please explain why you'd like him here.

i think this is 100% true... HOWEVER, it's not like Jeff was consistent anyway... At least if we're gonna  have non-shooters, we may as well improve the overall athleticism and defense of the team. This team would be PERFECT for non-stop fastbreak offense. Athletic bigs (minus jared), and above average wing and guard athleticism.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 10:20:30 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Green/Bass for MKG/Biyombo works if you find the right filler.  We have brought this idea up several times in the past.

Why do people like MKG?  He's a terrible shooter.  He shot 11% (yes 11%) from 3 point range for a SM!!!!  He hasn't played well yet in 2 years in the NBA.  Biyombo can't shoot either and is undersized as C....  We would definitely be getting worse in this deal.  The  only way it makes sense is if we're tanking and hey if we're going to do that let's give away Rondo why we're at it and be terrible for the next 4 or 5 years.... 

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 10:26:41 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
It's not like Jeff Green is putting us over the top.

Depending on what Ainge thinks, it's hard to turn down this trade - even if we keep Rondo imo.

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 10:45:44 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Green/Bass for MKG/Biyombo works if you find the right filler.  We have brought this idea up several times in the past.

Why do people like MKG?  He's a terrible shooter.  He shot 11% (yes 11%) from 3 point range for a SM!!!!  He hasn't played well yet in 2 years in the NBA.  Biyombo can't shoot either and is undersized as C....  We would definitely be getting worse in this deal.  The  only way it makes sense is if we're tanking and hey if we're going to do that let's give away Rondo why we're at it and be terrible for the next 4 or 5 years.... 

wow!! 11%!! and people are keep on calling Rondo a bad shooter...  i wonder how will they calll MKG then..
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 10:45:57 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Agreed. The last thing the C's need is another bad shooter. I think Biyombo has some value for a Celtics need, but they've already got  couple of marginal centers to play this year. I'm not sure they need more before they land a high-potential, star, or near-star center.

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 10:54:38 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Do Green +  Bass for MKG and Biyombo if Bobcats are crazy enough to do it...

Then do  http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pxa5fjx

Rondo + Walalce (23 mil) for Williams (expiring), Terry (expiring), Outlaw (expiring),  Evans (expiring), Ben McLemore and a pick. 

Clear the decks and build around PG - Smart, SG - McLemore/Bradley, SF - MKG/Young, PF - Oly/Sully C - Biyombo/Zeller

12 wins... Top 4 pick next year... infinite cap space

... Honestly that team would at least be tough defensively.

You and I are on the same page.  Although, I would prefer Stauskas to McLemore. 
There's no way we can put together a team that can beat Cleveland in the next few years.  We might as well rebuild for the long term.
Yes, I'd support a move like this but I'd make Stauskas a priority even if it meant a lesser pick.  I feel like he is going to be an extremely useful, versatile player in the NBA who can play 3 positions and would form an interesting long term rotation with Smart, AB, and Young.  As crazy as it may sound getting Stauskas included in any rebuild moves we make the rest of the year would be one of my highest priorities.

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2014, 11:15:42 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
You want another guy who can't shoot?  Even the people in Charlotte have admitted that MKG"s form is broken ;D  Plus, what else does the guy bring to a game aside from athleticism and defense?  I just don't see the appeal, so please explain why you'd like him here.

Same here. No interest in this guy whatsoever.

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2014, 11:16:38 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

wow!! 11%!! and people are keep on calling Rondo a bad shooter...  i wonder how will they calll MKG then..

MKG makes Rondo look like Ray Allen.

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 11:18:44 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

We trade for these guys if our goal is not to win next season.

Sweeeet. Can't wait til tickets are available for the upcoming season. ;)

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Rondo + Wallace (23 mil) for Williams (expiring), Terry (expiring), Outlaw (expiring),  Evans (expiring), Ben McLemore and a pick. 

Clear the decks and build around PG - Smart, SG - McLemore/Bradley, SF - MKG/Young, PF - Oly/Sully C - Biyombo/Zeller

Brilliant.  TP.  If we are going to rebuild, that's how to do it.  If they want Rondo for McLemore, make them take Wallace.

And what do we do with all that cap space when next years market doesn't have as much FA power as this years? And no star to attract any of them to come to Boston? This puts us in a terribly mediocre just out of playoff reach territory for many years to come.

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 11:26:04 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Rondo + Walalce (23 mil) for Williams (expiring), Terry (expiring), Outlaw (expiring),  Evans (expiring), Ben McLemore and a pick. 

You and I are on the same page.  Although, I would prefer Stauskas to McLemore. 
There's no way we can put together a team that can beat Cleveland in the next few years.  We might as well rebuild for the long term.
Yes, I'd support a move like this but I'd make Stauskas a priority even if it meant a lesser pick.  I feel like he is going to be an extremely useful, versatile player in the NBA who can play 3 positions and would form an interesting long term rotation with Smart, AB, and Young.  As crazy as it may sound getting Stauskas included in any rebuild moves we make the rest of the year would be one of my highest priorities.

If we could give up Green, Wallace, Rondo, and Bass and end up with Stauskas, Biyombo, and MKG (plus a pick) I would be freaking thrilled.

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2014, 12:17:06 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Would people rather have Barnes than MGK?  Barnes may never even reach Green's level, but there is potential there only being 22.  Who knows may he will even surpass Green's level someday.  Green would be upgrade on Barnes now, and Bass would bring the nice D backing up Lee.  However I think it would be really tough to match up salaries.  Might have to get a 3rd team involved.

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 12:20:48 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
no one wants green