Author Topic: Help Warriors get Love, Dump Wallace  (Read 887 times)

Help Warriors get Love, Dump Wallace
« on: July 12, 2014, 04:18:28 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Love to Warriors for Jeff Green and David Lee, plus 2 draft picks.

We dump Wallace on Golden st but we get Harrison Barnes and we have to take Speights and Kevin Martin.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m7cylpz

So Warriors give up Lee, Barnes, and 2 picks for Love which is good because they don't want to lose Thompson.

Wolves get two proven players in Green and Love, which is what they want.  They also dump Martin and get 2 picks.

We may have to give up the 2015 Philly pick, but we get a cheaper option at SF in Barnes by losing Green and Wallace. Taking  Speights/Martin is the price but they are way easier to move later than Wallace would be.  Martin can actually be the shooter off the bench we need us if he is on the floor with Smart, Smart could cover the tougher matchup from the other team. 

Re: Help Warriors get Love, Dump Wallace
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 04:22:08 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Minny isn't taking that deal.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 04:39:10 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
So they don't want Green/Bass/Olynyk

Or Lee/Barnes

Or Waiters/Bennett

They aren't going to get much better.  Green/Lee is pretty good. 

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 05:10:43 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Minnesota seems desperate to get a young player who they think will come in and start right away and have a shot at scoring 20ppg. 
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 05:16:58 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I wouldn't be surprised if Houston dangled Chandler Parsons for Love during the season.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 05:19:39 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Minnesota seems desperate to get a young player who they think will come in and start right away and have a shot at scoring 20ppg.

So does most of the league. :)

Which is what I think their problem is. They want to win now and get rid of Love, but that usually doesn't work out. Usually one team gets an instant hose, but gets assets and picks to be better later.

Once Flip learns this the better.

Out side of Cleveland and GSW right now, Boston could offer the best package. But it seems like Minni doesn't want to get rid of Wiggins, which makes sense to have young good assest to carry the Queen when he's older and broken. And would kill their cap space just like Miami. And GSW arent willing to give up Thompson so far. They lost the TE that would help them get Martin to sweeten the deal.

I just hop if it's still possible it happens sooner than later, don't want to have this happen in the middle of the season.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 05:26:47 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm not so quick as everybody else is to dump Wallace.  I think Ainge all along planned for the rebuild.  He'll move Wallace when it benefits and helps his team out, not somebody else.  No need to rush it.  Sure, if you could dump it without giving away assets you do it, but I don't believe its possible.  Just a matter of waiting out the process, because soon, it will become an asset with the CBA as is.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 05:31:47 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

So does most of the league. :)

Which is what I think their problem is. They want to win now and get rid of Love, but that usually doesn't work out. Usually one team gets an instant hose, but gets assets and picks to be better later.

Once Flip learns this the better.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Minnesota's priority being to end their playoff drought ASAP.  Unlike most people here, I think they have a legitimate chance of making the playoffs if they keep Love, although they need a lot of things to go right for them to do so.

If I were Ainge, I'd strongly consider sitting tight and maintaining the flexibility to make a deal if Saunders is forced to recognize that his team isn't making the playoffs.  Maybe someone like Bradley, Sullinger, Olynyk, or Smart can put together a half-season that makes them attractive to Minnesota.  If one of those guys ends up averaging 16-18 ppg through the first 25-30 games and injuries have the T-Wolves well out of the playoff hunt, maybe we'll see a deal in December or January.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 05:38:21 PM »

Offline Nef-Oracle

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 5
Bad deal for us.