Author Topic: Anthony Morrow agrees to 3-year, $10 million deal with Oklahoma City Thunder  (Read 1164 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Darnell Mayberry @DarnellMayberry
Anthony Morrow has agreed to join the Thunder, giving Oklahoma City a 3-point shooter and depth on the wing. Story coming soon.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 01:53:17 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

Re: Anthony Morrow has agreed to join the Oklahoma City Thunder
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Very good replacement to Thabo Sefolosha, should be able to provide some good 3-point shooting.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 01:48:08 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Very good replacement to Thabo Sefolosha, should be able to provide some good 3-point shooting.

He's not even close to the defender that Sefolosha was though. I wonder if Lamb is ready to step up to a starting role here.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I love the move for OKC.  He should get plenty of open looks. 

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 01:50:30 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

He's not even close to the defender that Sefolosha was though. I wonder if Lamb is ready to step up to a starting role here.

Yep, but Sefolosha was kinda becoming a net negative with his poor offense. We'll see.

Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes
Anthony Morrow's three-year deal with the Thunder will include no team or player options, I'm told.

Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes
Anthony Morrow, Thunder reach agreement of 3-years, just over $10 million, league source says. My guy @DarnellMayberry first to agreement.

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
wow, they must not really be trusting Lamb to step up.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Good signing. Nice bench player for a contender. Fair money.

I don't think Morrow is there to replace Sefolosha. I think he is there to be an 8th man behind Reggie Jackson and Nick Collison. Main backup wing. Similar to Korver's role with the Bulls a few years ago.

I wonder if they will give Jeremy Lamb a chance to start in Sefolosha's stead or if they will go out and find a replacement in the trade market. I think Iman Shumpert would be excellent in a trade. Similar to a younger Sefolosha.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Good signing. Nice bench player for a contender. Fair money.

I don't think Morrow is there to replace Sefolosha. I think he is there to be an 8th man behind Reggie Jackson and Nick Collison. Main backup wing. Similar to Korver's role with the Bulls a few years ago.

I wonder if they will give Jeremy Lamb a chance to start in Sefolosha's stead or if they will go out and find a replacement in the trade market. I think Iman Shumpert would be excellent in a trade. Similar to a younger Sefolosha.

Well, "replace" was a simplification. :) Didn't mean that he'd assume his role, let alone be a starter for them.

We'll see how they shape that roster up.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Good deal for OKC, it's a nice price and they struggled to find non-KD/RW guys who could score in the playoffs.

Seems like the new CBA isn't preventing bad deals so much as polarizing the contracts.  Lots of fringe rotation guys like Morrow and Bazemore getting paid very reasonably, while fringe stars like Hayward and Parsons get overpaid like crazy.  Superstars are still underpaid, of course.