Author Topic: Few idea/observations both celtics and non celtics  (Read 1695 times)

Few idea/observations both celtics and non celtics
« on: July 12, 2014, 08:55:58 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
1. Why dont the Heat go after Monroe to pair with Both? Seems like a better option then over paying a SF like Deng or Ariza. If they get stuck paying big money might as well be for a young big who is a good fit next to Bosh.

2. How much interest will the teams that miss out of Parson and Hayward be in Green? Dallas, Rockets ans Bobcats seem like logical fits if they miss out.

3. What teams with potential interest in Rondo have any worth while assets? I can see Dallas and Rockets both really wanting him after striking out in FA. But neither have any real assets.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Few idea/observations both celtics and non celtics
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 09:11:05 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I've been wondering why the Heat haven't been going after Monroe as well.  Spending on a 24 year old big man with low post skills seems like a good use of money... especially since he would match up well with Bosh.

I think the Celtics need to commit to a rebuild considering how things have been unfolding.  That means trading Rondo.  You're right that Dallas and Houston have nothing to offer, but I don't see why Sacramento would not still be interested.  They have some nice pieces to trade (Stauskas, please).

Two weeks ago, I thought we were stuck with Green.  After seeing some of these contracts, Parsons and Hayward as you mentioned, I see no reason we can't trade Green.  I would think Charlotte would be interested and I would be happy to take flyers on MKG and Biyombo.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 09:37:22 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I am happy about this post because I agree with both of you.

My gut has been telling me that Rondo will end up in Hou. the only problem is besides Terrence Jones and picks they have nothing Id want. Now T Jones put up similar numbers to Sully, but he also averaged 1.3 blocks a game. He has a 7'2.25'' wingspan and an 8'11'' standing reach. He's 252 with 7% bf and had a max vert of 35 at the combine. Now he can shoot 3's but mostly gets his points from the fast break . You do have to give him credit for getting stats on a team that had Dwight and Asik down low and Harden, lin, and Parsons. the only thing that gets me is his defense. I did not watch very many HOU games but his 1.3 blocks a game made me think that he plays good d. But in the playoffs he got destroyed by Lamarcus Aldridge for like 40 and 42...then they had to put Asik in with Howard to stop Aldridge.

This video shows you just how good his handles were back in high school...i think he could play some sf actually after seeing this...just a lil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSFUlQzDOJc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rho-4WvBLo
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:13:17 AM by Future Celtics Owner »

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 09:51:29 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I guess Hou is having problems with Clint Cappella....He wants to come, they want him to stay.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2127342-clint-capela-rockets-reportedly-in-contract-dispute-after-chris-boshs-decision

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 02:39:07 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
1. Why dont the Heat go after Monroe to pair with Both? Seems like a better option then over paying a SF like Deng or Ariza. If they get stuck paying big money might as well be for a young big who is a good fit next to Bosh.

I would guess that, like a lot of teams, they don't see him as a guy worth max money.    (He's not.)
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference