Author Topic: Woj: Gasol and Bulls working to complete deal  (Read 7163 times)

Re: Woj: Gasol and Bulls working to complete deal
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 06:21:25 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I like it. East should be better this year.

Pacers
Bulls
Heat
Cavs

should be a good 4 team race

I wouldn't be so fast to put the Heat in that group.  Bosh is now their best player.  How did Toronto do in that situation?  And can they afford to rest Wade with LeBron gone?

Mike

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 06:22:06 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
and I thought he pick OKC or San Antonio before the Bulls..got better chance winning a championship at SA or OKC
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 06:26:31 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Pau Gasol @paugasol
These are my thoughts at this very important moment for me http://paugasol.com

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 06:33:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Top comment on Reddit:  "I just wish Derrick Rose was alive to see this."

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 06:36:50 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Pacers
Bulls
Heat
Cavs

I wouldn't be so fast to put the Heat in that group.  Bosh is now their best player.  How did Toronto do in that situation?  And can they afford to rest Wade with LeBron gone?

Mike

Idk, I think Bosh will surprise a lot of people next season. I think he comes out with something to prove and averages roughly 22-8
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 10:52:50 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Ooh, that's harsh.  I've never used reddit, so I don't know how that site works.

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 10:55:35 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I know that it probably was only briefly mentioned as a possible destination for him, but what if Pau had gone back to Memphis?  A big man rotation of the Gasol brothers and Randolph would have easily been the best in the league, imo.  Wow :o

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2014, 12:07:13 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

I liked this Reddit comment better (in regards to Gasol tweeting he chose the Bulls):

"Is Gasol a reliable source?"

With the first reply being:

"Somwhere between Broussard and Woj"

Another funny one:

"Broussard (30 min from now): source confirms. Gasol to Chicago"

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2014, 10:45:39 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Joakim Noah @JoakimNoah
Gathol!!!!!! Big day for Chicago bulls!! Welcome to the windy city!!!

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2014, 10:49:03 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Pacers
Bulls
Heat
Cavs

Mike

Idk, I think Bosh will surprise a lot of people next season. I think he comes out with something to prove and averages roughly 22-8
I agree bosh will increase his stats and play. But as a team the heat are minus James and wades knees are still worsening. If James could not pull that team to a championship, bosh is very unlikely to do it.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2014, 11:14:31 AM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

Pacers
Bulls
Heat
Cavs

Mike

I agree bosh will increase his stats and play. But as a team the heat are minus James and wades knees are still worsening. If James could not pull that team to a championship, bosh is very unlikely to do it.

No argument there, they will be a mid seed team and a first/2nd round exit. I am looking forward to Bosh getting some love from the media for once though.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2014, 11:15:58 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Pacers
Bulls
Heat
Cavs

Mike

With Deng (potentially) Bosh and Wade that's easily a good enough trip to fight for a four seed in the weak east.

People really forget what Bosh did in Toronto. He had five straight years averaging 22+ points and 9+ rebounds and 1+ blocks with his lowest fg% being 49, while leading his team to winning the division the year before the Celtics won their championship. Since then he has added a 3 point shot, won 2 finals in 4 trips and is only 30. There's no reason he can't be a 20 and 10 guy again for the Heat.

However I think you have to put Washington in that discussion. They looked good in playoffs last year. Adding the veteran presence and leadership of Pierce makes a very good Wizards team of 13-14 even better this season.

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
So hes basically going to take Boozer's role.

This is very interesting. Bulls will now have two good passing big men and IMO wont lose a beat on inside scoring. Adding another decent shot blocking big in Gasol helps tremendously as well.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2014, 11:28:15 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

Pacers
Bulls
Heat
Cavs

Mike

With Deng (potentially) Bosh and Wade that's easily a good enough trip to fight for a four seed in the weak east.

People really forget what Bosh did in Toronto. He had five straight years averaging 22+ points and 9+ rebounds and 1+ blocks with his lowest fg% being 49, while leading his team to winning the division the year before the Celtics won their championship. Since then he has added a 3 point shot, won 2 finals in 4 trips and is only 30. There's no reason he can't be a 20 and 10 guy again for the Heat.

However I think you have to put Washington in that discussion. They looked good in playoffs last year. Adding the veteran presence and leadership of Pierce makes a very good Wizards team of 13-14 even better this season.

What he did in TOR was 4yrs ago!!... does anyone seen him last season/playoff...
he looked lost... yeah he improved on his shooting his becoming more reliable as a stretch 4.. other than that i can;t think of any improvements on him...

I guess everyone is forgetting how Wade's injury affected their game, Deng will be at most half of LBJ's game, they got no bench, no Allen... so i doubt they'll be a top 4 in the East

I can place the Nets/Wiz on top of them..
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2014, 11:30:33 AM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
I know that it probably was only briefly mentioned as a possible destination for him, but what if Pau had gone back to Memphis?  A big man rotation of the Gasol brothers and Randolph would have easily been the best in the league, imo.  Wow :o

The Gasol brothers together would be scary, but I don't think it'd ever happen with Z-Bo in the fold. Gibson would take being benched in the 4th much better than Z-Bo would.