Author Topic: Capela in contract dispute with Rockets  (Read 3565 times)

Capela in contract dispute with Rockets
« on: July 12, 2014, 02:00:36 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Let's swoop in and take Clint Capela off of the Rockets hands for a future first Danny!!!!

http://www.csnnw.com/nba/sources-capela-rockets-contract-dispute

Thoughts??

Smitty77

Re: Capela in contract dispute with Rockets
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 02:03:13 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Get emmmmmmm
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 02:07:41 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
It was over them trying to land Bosh since that's not happening so they would just ink him no?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 07:17:44 PM »

Offline CM0

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
I'd love for Danny to pluck Capela. I'm not sure he's worth a future Celtics or Brooklyn first given that Houston would be negotiating from a position of need and that he was picked later in the draft than the likely value of the picks. The Clippers pick seems fair.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 07:43:28 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'd love for Danny to pluck Capela. I'm not sure he's worth a future Celtics or Brooklyn first given that Houston would be negotiating from a position of need and that he was picked later in the draft than the likely value of the picks. The Clippers pick seems fair.

I wouldn't go higher than the Philly pick(s).  The Sterling situation isn't resolved and the west is very competitive.  Keep that Clippers pick for something better than Capela.

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 08:41:08 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

I wouldn't go higher than the Philly pick(s).  The Sterling situation isn't resolved and the west is very competitive.  Keep that Clippers pick for something better than Capela.
And it looks like sterling will still be owner for at least the beginning of the season.....if not more. That should be a top 4 pick, if we hold the players accountable for their statements in regards to not playing for a racist. Its nice when these millionaires do photo ops like wearing a shirt inside out, but God forbid they do anything now that the twitter and tmz media storm has moved onto the next thing. I feel sorry for the people in the housing projects he owned, but I hate the clippers for not being authentic.

Thats just how I feel right now. Im so sick of fake outrage and this twitter media storm that always moves on in 2 weeks and nothing gets done.....ever. They should have fought when Sterling was actively discriminating, not fake it when the cameras are on them.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 01:17:30 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Capela is an athletic big who could slot in at the 5 for us behind Zeller and Favarini.  If all it costs us is the Philly "1st" I'd make the trade since it's more likely to turn into a pair of 2nd rounders.

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 01:33:22 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This is so stupid on the part of the Rockets. What are they doing? You take a Euro, pencil the heck in that your gonna be spending 600k on a buyout. That's happening. That's the current status quo.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner