Author Topic: Cleveland Would be Insane to Trade Wiggins for Love  (Read 8262 times)

Re: Cleveland Would be Insane to Trade Wiggins for Love
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2014, 02:13:06 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
i'd make that trade without a second thought.   love fits this team better and is still really young.  i just don't see wiggins as a transcendent talent.   sure he's got it physically,  but he doesn't have the basketball iq of a superstar like was so obvious with lebron.   i see him more like a tracy mcgrady type or vince carter.    he'll be really good.   love makes them a championship contender next season.

But what is the trade?   They need to come close to matching salaries to make the trade, so the Cavs have to send out more players than just Wiggins.

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2014, 03:06:25 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Yeah but they never went for a top ten talent like love. Shaq and Antawn were well past their primes. Williams was their best acquisition and he's no where near love. Love is coming into his prime and is an elite force. It's not even close.

Not even close is right. Not even close to the point. Of course you would trade for Kevin Love, but if you're talking about trading your starting SG who was a former top 5 pick, your starting PF, your two most recent number one overall picks, and three first rounders for anyone, I think you need to take a breath and read the letter Bron wrote. He's not coming into town to win immediately. So why not see what you have in this team before giving away the entire cupboard of CRAZY good assets and running into a Miami situation where you can't put anyone around your three maxed out stars.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2014, 03:11:10 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
LeBron couldn't mentor a bag of potatoes... stop that nonsense.

I hope Wiggins goes to a team with a good GM and Coach who teach the kid the right way to play the game, instead of taking 5 steps to dunk the ball, or flop like Neymar like LeBron does. Not that the Wolves have that, but at least watching Wiggins play with Rubio would be fun. The best thing that can happen to Wiggins and Bennett is getting away from the Cavs. Remember the game is played with just a basketball to share with those ballhogs Irving and Waiters, and now "The Chosen One".

And yeah, the Cavs would be insane to trade Wiggins for Avi Lee with a 3-point shot, but LeBron isn't getting any younger, and by the time Wiggins and Bennett are able to improve their games, LeFlop will be too old to dominate games anymore. Talk about windows closing...

Can't wait for that Love for Wiggins+Bennett trade to happen, and then watch the Cavs fail miserably for the next 3 years  ;D

To the contrary, I think LeBron has the personality to be a great tutor to Wiggs.   In that respect he is not a screamer like Kobe or even MJ. 

Yes. he's more of a whiner than a screamer.

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2014, 05:29:57 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
Wiggins = Len bias.

Len was supposed to be the heir apprentice to Larry bird. Sit on the bench and develop behind him, while still getting some playing time. Bias-bird = wiggins-james

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2014, 10:15:07 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2014, 10:21:10 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
LeBron couldn't mentor a bag of potatoes... stop that nonsense.

I hope Wiggins goes to a team with a good GM and Coach who teach the kid the right way to play the game, instead of taking 5 steps to dunk the ball, or flop like Neymar like LeBron does. Not that the Wolves have that, but at least watching Wiggins play with Rubio would be fun. The best thing that can happen to Wiggins and Bennett is getting away from the Cavs. Remember the game is played with just a basketball to share with those ballhogs Irving and Waiters, and now "The Chosen One".

And yeah, the Cavs would be insane to trade Wiggins for Avi Lee with a 3-point shot, but LeBron isn't getting any younger, and by the time Wiggins and Bennett are able to improve their games, LeFlop will be too old to dominate games anymore. Talk about windows closing...

Can't wait for that Love for Wiggins+Bennett trade to happen, and then watch the Cavs fail miserably for the next 3 years  ;D

To the contrary, I think LeBron has the personality to be a great tutor to Wiggs.   In that respect he is not a screamer like Kobe or even MJ. 

Yes. he's more of a whiner than a screamer.

What?? LeBron James is above reproach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj1LIqGv1A0

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2014, 11:12:57 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
i'd make that trade without a second thought.   love fits this team better and is still really young.  i just don't see wiggins as a transcendent talent.   sure he's got it physically,  but he doesn't have the basketball iq of a superstar like was so obvious with lebron.   i see him more like a tracy mcgrady type or vince carter.    he'll be really good.   love makes them a championship contender next season.

But what is the trade?   They need to come close to matching salaries to make the trade, so the Cavs have to send out more players than just Wiggins.

Love for Wiggins,  Bennett, Waiters, and Thompson.    Then just go sign vets.    The only one I'm reluctant to give up is Thompson other than Wiggins but I think the salary is needed.  Everyone gets to caught up in "winning" a trade,  or looking like you gave up too much.   Who cares when you get Irving, Lebron, and Love on the team.  That's where you start.

I get the argument against it.  There is a bunch of talented young guys that could turn into something.   I just don't know if Lebron has the years to wait.   You need to get him the help when he's at his pinnacle.

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2014, 11:16:21 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
The reason I'd keep Wiggins is that the Cav's long term defensive profile will be hard to make work with Love. It make LeBron go well into his 30s playing small forward. It makes it hard to get any kind of rim protector. And LeBron is on an island as a defender unless Verejao suddenly stays healthy for a few years.

Even with great talent, it is hard to win a title as a poor defensive team. A Wiggins/Lebron forward tandem can become a brutal defensive combo.