Author Topic: Cleveland Would be Insane to Trade Wiggins for Love  (Read 8287 times)

Cleveland Would be Insane to Trade Wiggins for Love
« on: July 12, 2014, 12:28:47 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Did you see how this guy can play, tonight, in summer league?  This kid is going to be very special.  What an opportunity for him to learn under the tutelage of LeBron James.  Maybe they win the championship this year because of growing pains. But he is not going to be included in any trade package.  His raw skill and athleticism is too darn obvious.  He is the first guy I have seen in over 10 years who actually reminds me of a young Michael Jordan. Every bit that good of an athlete.  Will be interesting to see what kind of drive he has.

Anthony Bennett and Waiters plus picks is plenty to beat any other offers.  Bennett has gotten into much better shape; looks and plays like a young Larry Johnson before he hurt his back.  Too much in love with the 3 point shot, but he can play.

Re: Cleveland Would be Insane to Trade Wiggins for Love
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 12:32:34 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Did you see how this guy can play, tonight, in summer league?  This kid is going to be very special.  What an opportunity for him to learn under the tutelage of LeBron James.  Maybe they win the championship this year because of growing pains. But he is not going to be included in any trade package.  His raw skill and athleticism is too darn obvious.  He is the first guy I have seen in over 10 years who actually reminds me of a young Michael Jordan. Every bit that good of an athlete.  Will be interesting to see what kind of drive he has.

Anthony Bennett and Waiters plus picks is plenty to beat any other offers.  Bennett has gotten into much better shape; looks and plays like a young Larry Johnson before he hurt his back.  Too much in love with the 3 point shot, but he can play.

Didn't see him, but I heard good things from one of my friends who's a huge Cavs fan. He says he thinks Lebron could mentor him, and he could become one of the best two way players. Bennett/Waiters plus picks doesn't really beat our offers though. I think Sully/KO, 3-4 picks is a better deal. The last thing the Wolves need is a SG. They were looking at potential players at the PF/C that could replace Love, but picked Lavine due to BPA.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 12:36:02 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I agree.  Wiggins can be an elite player... especially with LeBron mentoring him and taking the pressure off.  Watching Wiggins and Bennett work with LeBron would be really exciting from a basketball fan perspective.   Both those guys can shoot.  Both of them can throw it down.  Imagine LeBron dishing it off to Bennett:  https://vine.co/v/MxqQlFwh71H/embed

Ooff

It's going to be tough from a Celtic perspective, though.  They could be setting up a 20 year dynasty over there if they follow the Spurs model.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 12:39:11 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Cleveland's contention window is 12-15 years right now, with Wiggins, Irving and James... All the makings of a dynasty. They don't need Love.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 12:42:06 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I've tried to not use Jordan's name when talking about Wiggins as his game is still very raw and will likely never be close to Jordan's.  But he does remind me, more than any other player, of Jordan in the way he moves.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 12:42:38 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I still think Love will go to Cleveland but I think the Cavs will be able to keep Wiggins in the process. They won't trade Wiggins. I bet they can still get Love.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 12:50:44 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I still think Love will go to Cleveland but I think the Cavs will be able to keep Wiggins in the process. They won't trade Wiggins. I bet they can still get Love.
Even without Love, they probably can beat our best offer.  Bennett + Dion + Thompson + Heat 2015 1st + Memphis 2015 1st + Cleveland 2015 1st ...

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 12:54:05 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Even without Love, they probably can beat our best offer.  Bennett + Dion + Thompson + Heat 2015 1st + Memphis 2015 1st + Cleveland 2015 1st ...

no freaking way, Flip either wants to make playoffs or fully rebuild...nothing screams fully rebuild without Wiggins onboard...

I stick to my comments, NO WIGGINS, NO LOVE FOR CLE

Sully / Green + fillers definitely beats Waiters, Bennet and fillers

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 01:15:06 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
It's gon' happen. Love will be a cav. Wiggins a wolf.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 01:23:24 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Alternatively, couldn't they just wait a year until Kevin Love becomes a free agent instead of having to give up Wiggins in any potential deal for him.  Now there's a dynasty in the making.  Pretty scary to think about, actually, haha.  I'm sure that Lebron doesn't want to have to wait a year for Love to be his teammate, though.

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 01:28:11 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'm not buying this that Wiggins is off the table and he's been told he won't be traded bet at the trade deadline they revisit it and it goes through.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 01:30:52 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Alternatively, couldn't they just wait a year until Kevin Love becomes a free agent instead of having to give up Wiggins in any potential deal for him.  Now there's a dynasty in the making.  Pretty scary to think about, actually, haha.  I'm sure that Lebron doesn't want to have to wait a year for Love to be his teammate, though.

Love goes to a better market then Cleveland.

During James first go round there who did they ever sign? They always had to trade for guys - mo will, shaq, jamo, etc.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 01:36:41 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Love goes to a better market then Cleveland.

During James first go round there who did they ever sign? They always had to trade for guys - mo will, shaq, jamo, etc.

I realize that, but he also said that he'd stay there long term if Lebron was already in place, if I heard that correctly earlier today.

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 01:40:49 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
ANd the Wolves would be insane to trade Love to the Cavs without getting Wiggins +

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 02:16:33 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I'm conflicted... on one hand, trading for Love makes the Cavs the greatest NBA2K team ever... Kyrie nasty ball handling/shooting... LeBron straight up dominating... Love draining jumpers everywhere.  Just ridiculous.   

On the other hand, LeBron, Wiggins, Bennett, Kyrie, Thompson, etc makes for the best Dynasty mode ever.  I could win 20 championships in a row with those guys.