Author Topic: Trade idea to set us up for younger stronger team  (Read 1349 times)

Trade idea to set us up for younger stronger team
« on: July 11, 2014, 10:02:15 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
  this is going to sound crazy but hear me out, We do a three way trade with Minnesota and Cleveland.

Cleveland gets:rondo Love

Minnesota: kyrie Irving, brandon Bass, jeff green

Boston: wiggins, bennet,deing

Cleveland does it because  rondo is better then irving because rondo can play defense. Love can be there go to scorer, rondo can be the main defender and this leaves lebron to not have the pressure on him and lets him just beast and feast on the compition. Rondo would totally resign with this team. That would make them a more complete team with irving,love and lebron they would be all offense and very little defense. It would put this team over the top. "offense wins games, defense wins championships." they are still giving up what they would for Love with wiggins and bennet. So it would be like a straight swap rondo for irving.

Minnesota does this because they get a star in Irving who is signed to a long term deal so they don't  have to worry about him running. they also get veterans in bass and green

Boston does it because it would us be saying we are fully into rebuilding which is what we should be doing. we get a great young  team with a line up of

Smart/pressley/bradely
bradley/wiggins
Wallace/young/bennet
Sully/olynyk
deing/zeller/anthoney

eventually avery bradley would be the 6th man so he can fight off the injury bug he keeps getting.
 young  and benet have time to develop and we wait one year to ditch wallaces contract.
I think deing can be the rim protector we need. If we can do this we are on our way to the top with the massive stash of pick we still have.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:08:21 PM by Hawkeye199 »
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: Trade idea to set us up for younger stronger team
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 10:16:38 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
There's just no way Cleveland does this trade.  You are overvaluing Rondo in comparison to Irving.  I'm not sure a younger, healthier Rondo is better than Irving and he was pretty bad when he returned last year.
Irving could easily improve his defense next year.  So much of defense is commitment.  Irving has been the primary scorer on a young team and hasn't made the effort.  Now that they are contenders, he'll do better on defense.  Lebron will demand it.  Remember how bad Pierce was before Garnett showed up?

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 10:18:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Ah... It's a nice dream.  I remember when I used to dream.  In the days before the Cavs took over the league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFcq2fcr_qY

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 10:20:04 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Still doesn't make Minny a playoff team. Those 3 players couldn't get it done in the east, no way in hell they can do it n the west.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:22:21 PM »

Offline cm43sports

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
I'd love to have Wiggins but I could certainly do without Bennet. I also understand that getting a young star under contract is what the Wolves want, but it doesn't make sense for them to get a point guard when that's the only position on the team that is set with a young talent.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 10:28:37 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
The only teams I can see chasing Rondo this offseason are the Pacers and Houston...I really don't think the Rockets thought Bosh would pass on the offer and while I'm sure its nice that Lin is off the books he was their PG and his play fit in with their system.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 10:35:31 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
The only teams I can see chasing Rondo this offseason are the Pacers and Houston...I really don't think the Rockets thought Bosh would pass on the offer and while I'm sure its nice that Lin is off the books he was their PG and his play fit in with their system.

I'd also add the Lakers, Dallas, and Knicks (if Melo resigns) to that list.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 10:38:41 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26

Lakers have Lin....Dallas could, Knicks might be a match too if they had any assets.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 10:42:50 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Lakers have Lin....Dallas could, Knicks might be a match too if they had any assets.

My bad, I thought you meant next off-season when he's an FA.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 10:44:19 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
Still doesn't make Minny a playoff team. Those 3 players couldn't get it done in the east, no way in hell they can do it n the west.

Minny isn't a playoff team with love... So if they expect to become one by trading Kevin Love then they are sadly mistaken. Teams know if Love truly wants to play for their organization then they can wait a year and get him in free agency, no need to over pay now.