Author Topic: can Tyler Zeller be a starting center?  (Read 7544 times)

Re: can Tyler Zeller be a starting center?
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2014, 04:43:53 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
You know, I really don't mind a young player that has this type of shotchart.

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2014, 04:54:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Are you guys serious? They would have given away just about anybody to open up room for LeBron James. They also gave us a future first round pick. I guess that pick isn't worth anything either, since they just gave it away to us.

geeze. LeBron James, people. They gave us Zeller because they NEEDED room for LEBRON FREAKING JAMES.
What exactly does this have to do with how good Zeller is? When getting rid of talent to add Lebron James do you figure they decided to give away their very best players or their least talented, least good fitting and most expendable?

They gave away Zeller because he has little upside, isn't starting material and is expendable because he is ultimately, as a back up center, very replaceable.

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Thanks for the chart bc. Zeller can shoot. For me that raises the interesting question of putting olly and Zeller in together. I think it would be a pretty interesting offensive pairing.

Though defensively, maybe not so much.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2014, 04:56:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Are you guys serious? They would have given away just about anybody to open up room for LeBron James. They also gave us a future first round pick. I guess that pick isn't worth anything either, since they just gave it away to us.

geeze. LeBron James, people. They gave us Zeller because they NEEDED room for LEBRON FREAKING JAMES.
What exactly does this have to do with how good Zeller is? When getting rid of talent to add Lebron James do you figure they decided to give away their very best players or their least talented, least good fitting and most expendable?

They gave away Zeller because he has little upside, isn't starting material and is expendable because he is ultimately, as a back up center, very replaceable.

That's only one perspective... you're forgetting about the price Ainge was demanding in order to facilliate this trade.

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2014, 05:02:16 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
You know, I really don't mind a young player that has this type of shotchart.

The improvement in his shooting from everywhere on the floor was pretty remarkable.  He looked pretty terrible as a rook.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2014, 05:05:22 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Sadly, that description fits quite a few starting centers in the league.

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2014, 05:13:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

+1.  We dont know if danny forced the cavs to give up zeller to make the deal work. We needed a center anyways so it worked out

Zeller is not a throw in in this deal . Thornton  is.