Author Topic: Brandon bass almost traded to GS, using GS TE  (Read 5582 times)

Re: Brandon bass almost traded to GS, using GS TE
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 11:52:30 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Darn! But I guess Danny sees some value in having an expiring contract to play with come Feb trade deadline?????

Who says DA is the one that didn't pull the trigger?
Yeah, I'm of the opinion that bass has no value such that DA can't give him awy.  In other words, while gs could have bad him for nothing, it wasn't worth it to them to pay his salary.

Bass has plenty of value to contending teams and he now is in his last year of his contract.
If this were true, he'd have been traded a long time ago.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 11:54:45 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Darn! But I guess Danny sees some value in having an expiring contract to play with come Feb trade deadline?????

Yeah, I'm of the opinion that bass has no value such that DA can't give him awy.  In other words, while gs could have bad him for nothing, it wasn't worth it to them to pay his salary.

Bass has plenty of value to contending teams and he now is in his last year of his contract.

How do you know what's going on in negotiations? The teams interested probably offered Danny junk. Danny isn't going to trade Bass for the sake of trading him.

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 12:00:24 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

How do you know what's going on in negotiations? The teams interested probably offered Danny junk. Danny isn't going to trade Bass for the sake of trading him.
Neither of us know.  But the current rumor says bass for the tpe.  And I believe that GS said no. 

But mostly, I see bass as just a guy.  A team might take him for free but probably not if they have to pay his salary.

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 12:05:29 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Neither of us know.  But the current rumor says bass for the tpe.  And I believe that GS said no. 

But mostly, I see bass as just a guy.  A team might take him for free but probably not if they have to pay his salary.

Which is an expiring contract. Danny was probably trying to pry a first rounder out of GSW, which they probably replied: "too rich for my blood".

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2014, 11:07:51 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Wizards just got an $8.5 million trade exception. Maybe Pierce could talk them into trading for Bass.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2014, 11:21:55 PM »

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Wizards just got an $8.5 million trade exception. Maybe Pierce could talk them into trading for Bass.

Interesting Place that he could end up works out in terms of Money!!!

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 11:24:36 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

How did the Wizards get a TPE?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 11:27:34 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Seems like there's some context missing.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-aftermath-miami-heat/

Yeah, James held up NBA business for 11 days while he decided his future. Teams were angry. Some had assets that evaporated during the wait, including the Warriors, who considered Brandon Bass and other names in exchange for a trade exception that expired yesterday at midnight. But everyone takes time to mull hard professional decisions. Those are times to be careful, to bounce ideas off of everyone in your inner circle. LeBron inconvenienced the league, but it was just that — an inconvenience — and smart teams did whatever business they could in the interim.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 06:38:47 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

In the Ariza trade.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 07:31:01 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I just can't see Celtics being able to make serious moves till all these support cast that was with KG and Pierce are traded off along with Wallace.  Then we'll have room to sign serious talent .

Serious talent goes for big cap room.  Max or near max contracts .

The Celtics are just choked down with surplus role players ....Green , Bass , Wallace , JA..etc

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 08:28:45 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

if the teams offered Danny junk, then he doesn't have plenty of value to contending teams, because you don't have junk for someone of value.  If Bass had any sort of value he would have been traded already.  Now at the trade deadlilne I'm sure he could be traded as an expiring contract where Boston takes on longer and/or crappier contracts, but then Bass' value is merely as an expiring contract and not as a player.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 08:29:13 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Dunno nevermind

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 08:30:50 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

In the Ariza trade.

Was Ariza a S&T to Houston?

That would be odd.

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 08:41:40 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

In the Ariza trade.

Was Ariza a S&T to Houston?

That would be odd.

Adrian Wojnarowski: "Washington and Houston have agreed to a sign-and-trade for Trevor Ariza, league source tells Yahoo. Wizards get $8.5M trade exception."
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 08:43:08 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Seems like there's some context missing.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-aftermath-miami-heat/

Yeah, James held up NBA business for 11 days while he decided his future. Teams were angry. Some had assets that evaporated during the wait, including the Warriors, who considered Brandon Bass and other names in exchange for a trade exception that expired yesterday at midnight. But everyone takes time to mull hard professional decisions. Those are times to be careful, to bounce ideas off of everyone in your inner circle. LeBron inconvenienced the league, but it was just that — an inconvenience — and smart teams did whatever business they could in the interim.
This is hilarious. Did the Warriors really think they were going to land LeBron, Bosh, or Wade? Let's not pretend this is somehow LeBron's fault and not just poor team management.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."