Author Topic: It's obvious Love will be a Cav next year  (Read 3564 times)

Re: It's obvious Love will be a Cav next year
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 03:11:34 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Well Don't think they can sign a max player next year with Lebron and Irving making $40 mill between the 2 of them.

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 03:29:42 PM »

Offline JWC95

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 7
If I'm the Cavaliers, I keep my talent. LeBron made it to the finals without Kyrie, Waiters, and Wiggins. This team is better than the '07 team. They don't need Love.
JWC95

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 03:30:16 PM »

Offline kne

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
I hope it doesn't happen even if we don't end up getting Love.  It would be more interesting to me to see LeBron groom Wiggins and Bennett... those two are going to be real players... and with LeBron guiding them, they could reach their potential.

It's interesting that LeBron doesn't mention either Wiggins or Bennett in his essay, but he does say he is looking forward to mentoring Irving, Waiters and Thompson. Makes me think he knows Wiggins and Bennett end up being traded.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 03:39:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
In addition to assets like Wiggins and Bennett, what can the Cavs send to match Love's salary that wouldn't bog down Minny's salary cap long term?

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 04:13:38 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
The problem with the Celtics and Love is that Flip pretty much knows that the Celtics' offer will always be there throughout the season.

So unless anything changes, he has no hurry.

Not necessarily - the Celtics could opt to move Rondo at which point they would be out of the Love sweepstakes.

GM Flip carrying this into the season is also undesirable for Coach Flip if he knows he's going to move him eventually.

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 06:43:45 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The problem with the Celtics and Love is that Flip pretty much knows that the Celtics' offer will always be there throughout the season.

So unless anything changes, he has no hurry.

Not necessarily - the Celtics could opt to move Rondo at which point they would be out of the Love sweepstakes.

GM Flip carrying this into the season is also undesirable for Coach Flip if he knows he's going to move him eventually.

Possible, but the question is what would we get for Rondo?

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 06:54:57 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
It's a lot less obvious now that LeBron signed his extension with an opt out next year. Good luck convincing Love to agree to an extension when someone who so very desperately wants to play in Cleveland won't even put himself on the hook for more than 11 months.

Especially when LeBron had Wade opt out of 40 only to jump ship.

Edit: Mark Steins sources say that Love would still consider an extension if he'd be dealt there. Ok, I guess...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:55:48 PM by Robb »
We're the ones we've been waiting for.