Author Topic: It's obvious Love will be a Cav next year  (Read 3565 times)

It's obvious Love will be a Cav next year
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Cleveland is playing hardball. Trying to drive the extra price down that will associate wiggins. Adding love to Irving and Lebron is a no brainer. Wiggins is the best singular talent Minnesota can get in return for Love. This will get done.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: It's obvious Love will be a Cav next year
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 07:57:20 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Yup good ol postering so they dont part with much else than him
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 08:10:55 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I'm wondering how the Cavs can trade a 1st round draft pick when the Celtics own a potential Cav's pick the next several years. 

For instance, if they trade the 2017 pick, maybe the Celtics get their pick in 2016 and they can't trade back to back picks.  Or maybe the Celtics get their pick in 2017.  The Celtics could potentially get the Cavs picks in 2016 or 17 or 18 or 19.  So how can they include a first round pick?

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 08:13:04 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
I hope wiggins blows up tonight, and kills it during the rest of the summer games
So cavs decide to not trade for love

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 08:15:54 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Let's see if Flip actually has the balls to stand up to the Cavs, the way he apparently stood up to Ainge...I bet he bends over--and lets them screw him.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 08:16:56 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Cleveland is playing hardball. Trying to drive the extra price down that will associate wiggins. Adding love to Irving and Lebron is a no brainer. Wiggins is the best singular talent Minnesota can get in return for Love. This will get done.

I don't think Minny can get Wiggins. I think Flip will shoot himself in the foot here and play hardball. Cavs will just wait and sign Love as a FA next summer. They can afford to be patient.  And frankly, this is one BIG reason I wouldn't trade for Love. Let him go to the Cavs.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 08:19:11 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

I don't think Minny can get Wiggins. I think Flip will shoot himself in the foot here and play hardball. Cavs will just wait and sign Love as a FA next summer. They can afford to be patient.  And frankly, this is one BIG reason I wouldn't trade for Love. Let him go to the Cavs.

With Kyrie and Bron signed to the max, I don't think Cavs can even afford Love. Best shot at getting him is trading for him and hoping he resigns.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 08:25:43 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I hope it doesn't happen even if we don't end up getting Love.  It would be more interesting to me to see LeBron groom Wiggins and Bennett... those two are going to be real players... and with LeBron guiding them, they could reach their potential.

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 01:10:15 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Right now, I think it is more likely than not that Love starts the regular season on Minnesota's roster.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 02:18:01 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
I don't know if it's entirely certain. I heard that Verejao would be a part of the deal and honestly I wonder if keeping him would be better than adding Love because of the defense and rebounding he gives them. I might consider swapping out maybe Bennet and/or Waiters with a better spot up shooter but if I'm Cleveland, I might look at this a little closer and see if a core of Irving/Wiggins/Lebron/Verejao with role playing shooters and defenders may be a better core to work with that sacrificing rim protection to bring in Love.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 02:21:05 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The problem with Varejao is that his games played the last four seasons are 31, 25, 25, and 65.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 02:25:25 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
In the long term the Cavs are better off keeping Wiggins. LeBron said himself it's going to be a long process. If he plans to retire in Cleveland they should just build around him instead of having a quick fix and gutting the team.

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 02:29:57 PM »

Offline Randy

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 4
They already have Lebron and Irving who both need the ball so how much sense does Love make for them?  I think Lebron has realized that you need solid role players who can do their job well and do it consistently every night, rather than relying on 3 max contract players. retrospectively the Cavs probably wish they had traded down to get Embiid or taken him at #1, but don't think they really anticipated Lebron returning.

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 02:32:03 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
The problem with the Celtics and Love is that Flip pretty much knows that the Celtics' offer will always be there throughout the season.

So unless anything changes, he has no hurry.

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 02:35:27 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
The problem with the Celtics and Love is that Flip pretty much knows that the Celtics' offer will always be there throughout the season.

So unless anything changes, he has no hurry.
which is why Sully or Smart will have to play WAY above their heads and look good if we want any shot to package some of our guys at the trade deadline. It's not happening anytime soon.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk