15 (78.9%)
C
2 (10.5%)
D
1 (5.3%)
F
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Marcus Smart's summer league grade?  (Read 803 times)

Marcus Smart's summer league grade?
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:33:24 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Of course, it's only 5 games so let's take it with a grain of salt.. but what do ya'll think? Any takeaways?

Personally, as poorly as he shot it.. i think the amount of times he gets to the FT line was better than I thought, clearly as a nose for the hole. Defense and competitiveness were as-advertised.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Re: Marcus Smart's summer league grade?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:39:37 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I gave him a "B." Obviously we all would have liked to see him shoot the ball better. But he was a playmaker offensively and defensively. There was a clear difference in the way the team played on both ends of the floor when he was on the court (compared to when he wasn't). 

Too early to make any definitive statements, but I like what I see so far. He and Bradley are going to give opposing backcourts nightmares.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:40:48 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Looks like he is strictly a PG till he develops a more consistent shot. Not much I can say beyond that because it was nbadl talent for the most part.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 06:52:36 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
B+, last 2 games was an A, the first 3 games were C+ to a B, gradual improvement, got more aggressive. All-Star potential in game 4, he just carried the team in the 4th quarter, back-to-back 3s, the drive

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 06:54:34 PM »

Offline Asher77

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 20
He did everything but shoot, very good start and what was expected coming in. He is a true PG, no doubt.

Off topic...Watching a Vegas game and the announcers in Vegas have not mentioned the game in a half of basketball. All Lebron ect ect ect.. I am so glad that I didn't have to sit through this when watching the Celts.