Author Topic: Chris Bosh finalizing 5-year, $118 million deal with the Miami Heat  (Read 7705 times)

Re: Chris Bosh finalizing 5-year, $118 million deal with the Miami Heat
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2014, 07:14:11 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I don't understand why Miami even wants him now. Do they seriously think they can contend with Bosh and Wade? They'll be a low seed in the east, and if they were in the west they wouldn't even make the playoffs. It's better for them to let Bosh go and start over. They may be going after Carmelo, but he wanted to play with LeBron, not play in Miami.
The East is still awful. I see Miami as easily a top 6 seed, arguably top 4 if they bring in someone like Deng.

Yea, but 4-6 is pretty bad spot to be when you don't have any young players and have just locked your stars until they are 35 and have no cap space. Making things worse, they will be just good enough to lose their picks to cleveland so have no chance to add cheap young talent.

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2014, 07:28:10 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Wow. 

I figured Bosh was good as gone after Lebron jumped ship.

Ditto.  This was completely unexpected, despite Bosh's love for Miami.  It must be all dem strippers  ::)  A major shout out to Pat Riley as well, for signing Raef Lafrentz to a Raef Lafrentz-type deal (sarcasm).  What a moron. 

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2014, 07:29:34 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I don't understand why Miami even wants him now. Do they seriously think they can contend with Bosh and Wade? They'll be a low seed in the east, and if they were in the west they wouldn't even make the playoffs. It's better for them to let Bosh go and start over. They may be going after Carmelo, but he wanted to play with LeBron, not play in Miami.
The East is still awful. I see Miami as easily a top 6 seed, arguably top 4 if they bring in someone like Deng.

Yea, but 4-6 is pretty bad spot to be when you don't have any young players and have just locked your stars until they are 35 and have no cap space. Making things worse, they will be just good enough to lose their picks to cleveland so have no chance to add cheap young talent.

They're closer to being competitive than they are to bottoming out. I think Bosh will go back to his pre-Miami numbers (or close to it)  With a few solid FA moves, they can be a top 5 team in the east. When it comes down to it, tanking isn't as profitable as making the playoffs is. I can respect that they're not giving up and packing it in because it looks like they may not win it all.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2014, 07:31:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Wow. 

Ditto.  This was completely unexpected, despite Bosh's love for Miami.  It must be all dem strippers  ::)  A major shout out to Pat Riley as well, for signing Raef Lafrentz to a Raef Lafrentz-type deal (sarcasm).  What a moron.

It's dat $$$.  Miami can offer one more year and 30-some million more than Houston.  If you've already won your rings and you're happy in Miami, why not take the money, extra year, and chance to be the #1 guy again?

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2014, 07:32:59 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
I would root for the Heat in a playoff series versus the Cavs.

I wouldn't.

How could you ever root for either of those franchises?  Oh, I agree that it would be a compelling match up, but only for the purpose of seeing how long it would be before Wade to try to take out Lebron, leaving floppy (Varejao) no other alternative as Cleveland's enforcer but to dropkick Dwyane in the knees ;D  I can't wait.

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Wow. 

It's dat $$$.  Miami can offer one more year and 30-some million more than Houston.  If you've already won your rings and you're happy in Miami, why not take the money, extra year, and chance to be the #1 guy again?

I see where you're coming from, but Bosh has been the number one option before and he got nowhere.  True, Toronto didn't exactly field a team of all stars around him while he was there, haha, but this isn't 2010, when Wade's knees weren't an issue.  I know that Bosh is only 30 (right?), but he'd fit so much better with Howard as that stretch 4 in Houston.  Remember, even at their peak, Miami's trio never really fit together very well, imo, because their skills didn't compliment each other.  It's not a knock on the future Raptors mascot, but when Bosh is the best and most reliable jump shooter of the three stars, and he's also the third wheel on offense, there's a definite problem.  Not that I'm complaining, of course ;D

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2014, 08:14:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Wow. 

I see where you're coming from, but Bosh has been the number one option before and he got nowhere.  True, Toronto didn't exactly field a team of all stars around him while he was there, haha, but this isn't 2010, when Wade's knees weren't an issue.  I know that Bosh is only 30 (right?), but he'd fit so much better with Howard as that stretch 4 in Houston.  Remember, even at their peak, Miami's trio never really fit together very well, imo, because their skills didn't compliment each other.  It's not a knock on the future Raptors mascot, but when Bosh is the best and most reliable jump shooter of the three stars, and he's also the third wheel on offense, there's a definite problem.  Not that I'm complaining, of course ;D

Yeah, I'm not saying it's the wisest move from a winning basketball games perspective, just that it probably makes sense for Bosh.  He's already taken less money to win rings as a third wheel, so it makes sense he might not be so motivated to do it again.

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2014, 08:18:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Good for Chris Bosh. He's showing some loyalty to his team mate DWade. Let's see if DWade sticks or bolts for Chicago....
:)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2014, 08:24:48 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Wow. 

Bosh is really making out. Miami is probably the only place people don't make fun of him and now he gets 25mil a year to be there and will probably stay there for his life.

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2014, 09:25:40 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I really thought he would go to Houston after James left..but thinking about it now, he can be THE MAN in Miami now esp if Wade injuries continues
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2014, 09:38:08 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
It will be interesting to see Bosh's full potential at his peak to lead a team. Imagine for example if Bird had left the Celtics during their peak and McHale was the man on the team going forward? Sure, it's not good for the success of the team, but we wouldn't have been left wondering how great could McHale have been?

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2014, 11:36:05 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
bosh is now the highest paid player in the league.

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2014, 11:48:25 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
It will be interesting to see Bosh's full potential at his peak to lead a team. Imagine for example if Bird had left the Celtics during their peak and McHale was the man on the team going forward? Sure, it's not good for the success of the team, but we wouldn't have been left wondering how great could McHale have been?

Shame, shame, shame on you for comparing Bosh to McHale.

Shame.

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2014, 12:11:51 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Shame, shame, shame on you for comparing Bosh to McHale.

Shame.

McHale was an assassin down the stretch of many a contest.  No one is Larry, but they could, and did, ride Kevin in the 4th quarter of plenty of big games, depending on matchups and foul situations, of course.  Sigh.  Basketball with brains, you are dearly missed. 

Bosh isn't even remotely close to being the defender that McHale was, either.  I've never seen the future mascot of the Raptors ;D be able to not only stay with, but stop, the most explosive scorers at the sf position in today's game.  That's a huge component of why Bird, McHale, and Parish is the greatest front court of all time.  Not only could McHale defend the league's best post up players, he could guard, and stop, guys like Worthy, Wilkins, Aguirre, Dantley, King, Dr. J, Barkley, Pippen, Kiki Vandeweghe, Alex English, etc.  I think I read somewhere where Danny Ainge said that it took him a year before he could get his shot off against McHale in practice.  #32 was KG before KG.  His quickness made it impossible for players to go around McHale, and his long arms made it just as tough to shoot a jumper.  I'm sure that you know all of this, though, right? 

I don't think that you're intent was to compare Bosh and McHale, but we've already established how much better Kevin is without even discussing that his was the greatest low post game of all time!

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2014, 12:41:32 AM »

Offline Rodan45

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I wonder if this opens the door for a Jeff Green-Asik Trade.

What's to say that they decline to match the 15 million at year offer by the mavs and instead trade Asik Straight up for Jeff Green.

They would get someone of similar talent while dumping Asik's contract, which would free them to go after Pau or Deng.