Author Topic: Chris Bosh finalizing 5-year, $118 million deal with the Miami Heat  (Read 7697 times)

Re: Chris Bosh finalizing 5-year, $118 million deal with the Miami Heat
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 05:52:37 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA
With Bosh back, Miami is trying to complete shorter deals with Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem, league sources tell Yahoo.

So does that make this "Bosh's team"

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 05:53:21 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Houston must be apoplectic. Will they try to sign Melo?

"Apoplectic".  Raising the level of discourse here on Celticsblog.

And yes, they must.

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
I would root for the Heat in a playoff series versus the Cavs.

I was just going to post the same thing.

Lance would be a pretty good move for them.  Wade and Bosh can probably control his crazy to a certain extent.  I wonder if they regret the McBob signing now?  He is kind of redundant to Bosh.

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 05:57:14 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Wow, I didn't see that coming.  I thought Houston was a done deal. 
So what do the Heat do now?  Go after Melo or try for a deeper, more balanced team?
Bosh said he loves Miami, he wasn't lying.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 05:59:55 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Smart move by the Heat to hang onto their remaining All Stars (as we should with Rondo) while still having room for another.

Depending on what happens in Cleveland, there could be a lot of disparity on the top of the east this year.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 06:00:13 PM »

Online Lioney

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
So Houston lost 1st. round pick for nothing. How pathetic...

I love Danny....

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 06:00:14 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
well this is kind of shocking... I don't really see how this makes sense for the heat. If they were not good enough to win with Lebron, Bosh and Wade, how in the world will they be good enough to win losing Lebron and having a new competitor in the East?

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 06:02:12 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Wow biggest waste of money by a team in years . Bosh is probably one of the softest big men in the league . They will regret this contract . If I was Miami I would try to land a lottery pick this year by sucking , gain some talent , then use all that cap space in the next few years .

Bosh is a finishing piece, not someone you build around ...

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 06:04:08 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Interesting, but not entirely surprising, given what Mannix said this a.m. about how Bosh and his wife love living in Miami.

I'm a little surprised that Riley is offering Bosh the full max, though and not trying to reserve a little to go after Melo in place of Lebron.   That would have been a Pat Riley sort of thing to do.   Bosh-Melo-Wade would have been a downgrade from the just-prior big 3, but still pretty potent.

With that size of a Bosh deal, and still needing to sign Wade, I don't think they'd still have room to compete for Melo.

Of course, Houston now has to be p---ed now that they lost out on Bosh.  They still have to match Parsons -- they could end up somewhat screwed by all this, being forced to pay a huge pay-raise for Parsons but otherwise not really upgrading their team, despite all the machinations of Morey.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 06:04:37 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Good, makes the East stronger and still Miami has no chance of winning a title!!

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 06:05:32 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Interesting, but not entirely surprising, given what Mannix said this a.m. about how Bosh and his wife love living in Miami.

I'm a little surprised that Riley is offering Bosh the full max, though and not trying to reserve a little to go after Melo in place of Lebron.   That would have been a Pat Riley sort of thing to do.   Bosh-Melo-Wade would have been a downgrade from the just-prior big 3, but still pretty potent.

With that size of a Bosh deal, and still needing to sign Wade, I don't think they'd still have room to compete for Melo.

Of course, Houston now has to be p---ed now that they lost out on Bosh.  They still have to match Parsons -- they could end up somewhat screwed by all this, being forced to pay a huge pay-raise for Parsons but otherwise not really upgrading their team, despite all the machinations of Morey.

Houston should go after Pau Gasol fast, then match Parsons

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 06:06:02 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
well this is kind of shocking... I don't really see how this makes sense for the heat. If they were not good enough to win with Lebron, Bosh and Wade, how in the world will they be good enough to win losing Lebron and having a new competitor in the East?

If Wade takes a discount, they will have room for two big time free agents. They could potentially add Stephenson and Greg Monroe (or many others)

The Cavs are no sure thing, and there will be a lot of disparity at the top of the league this year.

Any of these teams could potentially come out of the East: Cavs, Chicago, Indiana, Heat, Wizards, and Raptors (and the C's of course)
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 06:06:34 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Houston must be apoplectic. Will they try to sign Melo?

"Apoplectic".  Raising the level of discourse here on Celticsblog.

And yes, they must.

I imagine their front office looks a little like this:

But with approximately 50,000 more spreadsheets and tablets.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 06:07:12 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Bosh was the only likeable one of those 3 clowns, and the one who sacrificed his game the most, so I'm glad to see him get a chance to shine more. Also, this means those Heat picks the Cavs get for the LeBron trade in the first place won't be so stellar anymore. Good. Heaven forbid the Cavs not get EVERYTHING go their way in spite of their ineptness. Also, Bosh is not worth the full max, so I'm glad to see Miami overpay to resign him and limit their cap flexibility a bit.

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 06:08:07 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

They have actually downgraded their roster by trading away Asik and Lin and they declined the option on Parsons.  Ouch.