Author Topic: Was Mike Moser the best player on our summer league team?  (Read 6799 times)

Was Mike Moser the best player on our summer league team?
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:22:26 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Just asking.....

Re: Was Mike Moser the best player on our summer league team?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 05:23:55 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Nope.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 05:25:08 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
No
1. Olynyk - by quite a bit
2. Smart
3. Moser

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 05:29:01 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
No

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 05:34:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
1. Ko
2. Pressey
3. Smart
4. Moser

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 05:34:54 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
He might have been our best 3 point shooter. But every thing else he did was pretty average.

As many bad things Pressey did, he also had some really nice plays.

KO was just solid, nothing great, but still really good.

Smart played really well. His shot wasn't good, which we expected, but his D and his play making was good. Would have more assists if guys like Iverson could finish.

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Olynyk and then Smart. I'd have him right at the next level with Pressey though. I'd like to cut Johnson and sign him immediately.

As far as 3 pt shooting only... 13 pts, 3.5 boards, 2.5 assists, 1 block and 2 steals in 25 min isn't too shabby. He's got an all around game.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think there were three players on the Celtics Summer League team who looked like they had the skills that could make them viable rotational players in the NBA:

Olynyk, Smart and Pressey and I think Pressey might not even be a rotational type player because he can't shoot and is so so small and easily exploited by any PG with even the slightest bit of size.

Moser threw up some stats but his skills didn't appear to translate to anything more than an end of the bench type player.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 05:42:58 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I think there were three players on the Celtics Summer League team who looked like they had the skills that could make them viable rotational players in the NBA:

Olynyk, Smart and Pressey and I think Pressey might not even be a rotational type player because he can't shoot and is so so small and easily exploited by any PG with even the slightest bit of size.

Moser threw up some stats but his skills didn't appear to translate to anything more than an end of the bench type player.

I agree he isn't rotational yet, but a better bet than Chris Johnson or even Babb who have shown they don't have what it takes. The guy was active in all aspects of the game and I'd rather take a chance on him than these other two who already have shown they don't have it. Maybe next year someone else comes in and takes his spot, but he could be a solid player based on what we see.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 05:49:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
DLeague Nowitzki strikes again.

May the ponytail guide us to 30 wins this year.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 05:59:17 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
NO!

KO
Smart
Pressey

he was fourth

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 06:07:22 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Olynyk and then Smart. I'd have him right at the next level with Pressey though. I'd like to cut Johnson and sign him immediately.

As far as 3 pt shooting only... 13 pts, 3.5 boards, 2.5 assists, 1 block and 2 steals in 25 min isn't too shabby. He's got an all around game.

Kind of what I thought.

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 06:08:52 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100
As poorly as he shot, Smart's impact was really noticeable. I usually don't buy into +/- but it's tough to argue against Smart in this case when he was something like a +24 while Pressey was a -30 or something with the same amount of minutes. Maybe it speaks for how poorly Pressey played, but I'd say our best players were Olynyk and Smart.

He may not be a traditional PG, but our offense was only watchable when he was out there.

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 06:16:48 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I'd rank their performances as something like this:

1. Olynyk
2. ...
3. ...
4. Smart (Except when he was playing off the ball as SG -- swap him with Pressey then)
5. Pressey
7. Johnson (Quiet & not utilized much, but actually played mostly very solid on D and in control within the system.  Made some smart plays that were reminders of why he 'stuck' during the regular season).
13. Everybody else.

Seriously, I don't really see anybody outside those 4 as being NBA-ready yet if ever.   I saw a huge gap in talent between Olynyk and everyone else.  Smart showed spots of fantastic potential (especially when he was on D or on-the-ball, driving to the hoop) mixed with typical rookie mistakes and awful 3PT shooting.   Pressey was also inconsistent, showing some great court-awareness and leadership on some plays and then bricking awful shots on others.   And Johnson, as I indicated, was quiet, but showed at times why he's at least on the boundary edge of the NBA.

I guess I'd count Moser as the best of the rest.   But he looks like Maine RedClaw material at the moment.  'Probably at least worth bringing to training camp, I guess.  'Need bodies.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 06:21:26 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
nobody besides our rookies will stick, maybe besides pressey...