Author Topic: Trade Idea Now that Love is No Longer Likely  (Read 1604 times)

Trade Idea Now that Love is No Longer Likely
« on: July 11, 2014, 05:07:19 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
If we could have pulled off the Love trade idea without giving too much away I would have been okay with that. I don't think Love is that much of a difference maker since he couldn't even get his team into the playoffs, but would definitely have made us better and closer to contending. That being said, if you are him you are pushing to go and join Lebron in Cleveland. It's time to realize that we need to officially blow it up and hope some of these picks and assets can turn into our next cornerstone. It's time to get something for Rondo.

Indiana sends : Hibbert and Donald Sloan plus a first rounder

Boston sends : Rondo and Bass

Indiana does this because they clearly are questioning Hibbert's ability to produce when it matters. They gain an elite PG that allows them to compete immediately. Especially since Miami is no longer the team to beat. Bass gives them a solid veteran type player who can play some Center, knock down open shots, and rebound. This would instantly put them in the front of the pack.

Boston does this because they can turn the reigns over to the younger bunch and not give up their youth. They add a defensive center which we need badly and allow Sullinger and Olynyk to not have to share PT with Bass. Sloan is a very good young PG and with Smart they can man the position as they grow. We also add yet another pick that can be used or traded away in another deal.

One way or another Rondo isn't likely to re-up and it would be smart to get what we can before he bolts for nothing.

Re: Trade Idea Now that Love is No Longer Likely
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 05:22:08 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
No way.   Hibbert is terrible.   Sloan is not a "young pg."   He's already 26.  Danny would hang up the phone.    I don't think Indiana can give Hibbert away.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 05:34:49 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
No way.   Hibbert is terrible.   Sloan is not a "young pg."   He's already 26.  Danny would hang up the phone.    I don't think Indiana can give Hibbert away.

Lol. Be serious. Hibbert is a very valuable player if you aren't depending on him to be your offensive star. If you are looking for a defensive presence like we are then he is perfect. Sloan has played 3 seasons. He is a young PG. You don't want a rookie to match with Smart or you don't have a little bit of experience when Smart goes through struggles.

A lineup of

Smart/Sloan/Pressey
Bradley/Young/Thornton
Green/Wallace/Johnson
Sullinger/Olynyk
Hibbert/Faverani/Iverson

Is a great group to see what we have for the future and develop these guys for depth and trades.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think if you are Indiana - after seeing LeBron leave Miami - if you are Bird, you gotta keep this Pacers team together. They are the best team in the East. 

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 06:44:32 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Without keeping Rondo Hibbert is a terrible idea.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 06:49:36 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
I think if you are Indiana - after seeing LeBron leave Miami - if you are Bird, you gotta keep this Pacers team together. They are the best team in the East.

Do you think they'll reconsider keeping Lance Stephenson now? He was a big part of their success last year.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 06:54:35 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Do you think they'll reconsider keeping Lance Stephenson now? He was a big part of their success last year.

They wanted to keep him. They made Stephenson a big contract offer. Problem is finances. Hard for them to go any higher than they have done already. Small market. Luxury tax concerns. Plus they paid CJ Miles which limits their flexibility. Probably have to let him go.

Shame really. I think they would have been better off downgrading from David West to someone like Patrick Patterson and using the extra money to keep Lance Stephenson. Stephenson = young. West = old. Stephenson should take priority as fundamental long term piece.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 06:55:35 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
actually, I would hold off on that thought

In my honest opinion, no way the Cavs can pull that trade off without trading Wiggins, and Wiggin's agent assured him they are not trading him.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 06:58:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

In my honest opinion, no way the Cavs can pull that trade off without trading Wiggins, and Wiggin's agent assured him they are not trading him.

I agree. Multiple reports today that the Cavs won't trade Wiggins, and the Warriors refuse to include Klay Thompson in a Love trade. The celtics may still be in it.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 07:11:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I agree. Multiple reports today that the Cavs won't trade Wiggins, and the Warriors refuse to include Klay Thompson in a Love trade. The celtics may still be in it.

agree rename the thread