Author Topic: Just a thought  (Read 525 times)

Just a thought
« on: July 11, 2014, 04:13:26 PM »

Offline Kc2135

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 35
Our team isn't that bad. We have a great defensive backcourt, plus the defense doesn't lack when the backups come in. Also, all our guards can get to the rim. If we could somehow keep Johnson, and Moser makes the team, all of our driving PGs will get open shots for Green, Johnson, Olynyk,Johnson

Any thoughts?

Re: Just a thought
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 04:14:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Our team isn't that bad. We have a great defensive backcourt, plus the defense doesn't lack when the backups come in. Also, all our guards can get to the rim. If we could somehow keep Johnson, and Moser makes the team, all of our driving PGs will get open shots for Green, Johnson, Olynyk,Johnson

Any thoughts?
Yes -- our team is pretty bad. Mostly because is lacking all sorts of defense, all sorts of scoring, and all sorts of shooting.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 04:19:13 PM »

Offline puskas54_10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 13

Any thoughts?

Yeah! They could beat college teams like a drum!
In the NBA? Bottom 5, maybe bottom 10.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 04:26:13 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
having a great defensive backcourt rotation doesn't make us a good team. Yea we can stop opposing guards, but we cannot score

Rondo? Bradley? Green? none of those guys are real go-to-scorers

and our front court defensive is doo-doo

we're heading in the right direction but there's still a lot of road blocks

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 04:36:16 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I think we will be an improved team and a team on the rise next year.  I am thinking 30-40 wins if the roster stays as it is right now. 

We still may miss the playoffs, but with a healthy Rondo, adding Smart and James Young, adding Tyler Zellar and Thorton for scoring we have to be better than last year.  I think Tyler is going to be better than most people expect on O, and with Smart's ability to get to the rim, that could help get more open looks for others.  We were horrible on O last year.  Horrible.  Our D really wasn't as bad.  We need people who can score, and we added some that can.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 04:41:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Any thoughts?

Yeah! They could beat college teams like a drum!
In the NBA? Bottom 5, maybe bottom 10.

I think it is a stretch to say we are bottom 5 in the east alone.

How do magic, bucks and 76ers leap us from last year?
76ers added an injured rookie that should be great, but doesn't qualify as a big difference maker in half the season.
Magic have traded away affalo and got back frye and meeks? 
Miami, assuming bosh goes to houston as expected, drops into probably being the worst team in the east (Cole, Wade, McRoberts, Haslem, Oden? yikes!).
If Melo goes to Bulls Knicks enter rebuild too. Bad time to try and be bad...