Author Topic: Wiggins/Bennett vs Parker/Ante today  (Read 5001 times)

Re: Wiggins/Bennett vs Parker/Ante today
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
wow wiggins can leap. he needs to be kept by the cavs and learn under lebron. that would keep the cavs in contention for potentially decades.
You can just see the potential ooozing out of him.   This reminds me of the first summerleague game I ever watched of LeBron.  He's raw, but you can just tell the kid has tools to be a superstar.

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 09:25:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
Lebron and Wiggins = Jordan and Pippen. Plus they have Kyrie, Thompson, Bennett, Waiters, and Varejao.

Re: Wiggins vs Parker today (maybe)
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 09:27:45 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
this game is making me think the cavs may not need to trade for love.   
i hope they don't... Even if we don't get love.  wiggins and Bennett could become great players with Lebron's guidance. Id be way more interested in seeing that happen.

If mediocre players like Chalmers, Birdman, and a broken down Mike Miller could look good playing with Lebron, you can imagine how two #1 picks will look.
It would be unreal.  They both have so much potential.  I really hope they don't trade for Love.  I want to see Wiggins become the Robin to LeBron's Batman.  This time it's fitting... young athletic kid with potential learning from the wise old superhero.

It might be wise to go into the season with all the young guys and see what they have.  They might be able to drive up the stock of these guys and trade for Love while paying less if they are still interested.

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 09:28:08 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
wow wiggins can leap. he needs to be kept by the cavs and learn under lebron. that would keep the cavs in contention for potentially decades.
saw this too and i was shaking my head, that boy can jump. Gilbert should keep him and let Lebron teach him the ropes.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 09:31:46 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
You can just see the potential ooozing out of him.   This reminds me of the first summerleague game I ever watched of LeBron.  He's raw, but you can just tell the kid has tools to be a superstar.

His leaping ability is incredible.  Not just the height, but how effortlessly he gets up there.  His second jump is so quick and body control is amazing.  It's easy to understand all the hype before last season.  I really think he was limited by Self's system.

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 09:34:23 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50

His leaping ability is incredible.  Not just the height, but how effortlessly he gets up there.  His second jump is so quick and body control is amazing.  It's easy to understand all the hype before last season.  I really think he was limited by Self's system.
for sure

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 09:39:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
it's not a guarantee... but watching this game... I feel like the Cavs could end up regretting it hard if they trade Wiggins + Bennett for Love.  Both of those guys have all-star potential. 

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2014, 09:51:59 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Enjoying the hype for Anthony Bennet......8 fouls and can't stay in front of anyone.

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 09:59:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Enjoying the hype for Anthony Bennet......8 fouls and can't stay in front of anyone.
Giannis had 7. Maybe he's all hype

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2014, 10:04:33 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
Any theories as to why the three point shooting is so bad in all the summer league games?  I understang it's deeper than college, but it has been atrocious.  In this game, both teams combined for 6 for 45. 

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 10:12:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Not at all uncommon in Summer league play.  Shows that Bennett and Ante were both aggressive.   

Final lines:

Wiggins:  18 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, 31 miutes, 7-18 shooting
Bennett:  15 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals, 0 block, 30 minutes, 6-16 shooting

Parker:  17 points, 9 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 assist, 29 minutes, 5-11 shooting.
Ante:  17 points, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 assists, 1 block, 29 minutes 6-12 shooting

Got our money's worth with that one.  Cavs win 70-68.  They all looked completely gassed by the end of the game. 

Could look back on that game years from now.

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 10:13:40 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
Giannis had 7. Maybe he's all hype

I suppose the "and" and what follows would be an important part of the sentence than.

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 10:24:57 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
Any theories as to why the three point shooting is so bad in all the summer league games?  I understang it's deeper than college, but it has been atrocious.  In this game, both teams combined for 6 for 45.

I was actually wondering why the Vegas League always looks more crisp.  Do they get more practice time in?  Use more veteran players? Or is it playing in front of a crowed?

Any thoughts?

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 10:35:39 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
Not at all uncommon in Summer league play.  Shows that Bennett and Ante were both aggressive.   

Final lines:

Wiggins:  18 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, 31 miutes, 7-18 shooting
Bennett:  15 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals, 0 block, 30 minutes, 6-16 shooting

Parker:  17 points, 9 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 assist, 29 minutes, 5-11 shooting.
Ante:  17 points, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 assists, 1 block, 29 minutes 6-12 shooting

Got our money's worth with that one.  Cavs win 70-68.  They all looked completely gassed by the end of the game. 

Could look back on that game years from now.

It was a great game and it would be hard for anyone to watch and not see the athletic flashes of Wiggins, Control of Parker, and Freak factor of Giannis.  I just wasn't as impressed with Bennet.  It's great that he dropped the weight (20lbs by some reports...Sully are you listening?) and worked on his game but I thought his D was awful.

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 01:07:16 AM »

Offline lurkerStrips

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
not to be a wet blanket here but i can't help but feel a jeff green vibe from wiggins...

it's probably just me, though...