Author Topic: Breaking: Zeller and Thornton Put Celts Over the Top  (Read 13350 times)

Re: Breaking: Zeller and Thornton Put Celts Over the Top
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2014, 08:35:03 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Bobcats, Wizards, Cavs, Bulls, Raptors, Nets, Heat, Indiana, and Hawks are all clearly better than us. I dont see us making the playoffs.

How are the Hornets better than us??

A 7th seed last year. Added Marvin Williams, Vonleah and Hairston, still have some cap space. That's an easy one.

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2014, 08:41:31 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Seems like we are forgetting the 30+ mins Bass/Humphries will steal from our developing front line.  :o
Seems like your forgetting Hump isnt going to be on the team next year.  :P

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2014, 09:03:18 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
How much better do you think Rondo will be than he was last season? I expect him to have a career year which to me means playoff contention. Throw in the improvement of the youngsters I expect this team to be worlds better.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2014, 09:08:51 PM »

fitzhickey

How much better do you think Rondo will be than he was last season? I expect him to have a career year which to me means playoff contention. Throw in the improvement of the youngsters I expect this team to be worlds better.
I'm anticipating him averaging 15-11-6. Depends on how Rondo plays in regard to our playoff aspirations

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2014, 09:14:34 PM »

Offline celtics24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 10
celtics could make playoffs this year especially with zeller balancing out the roster being our starting center. a full year of rondo and a healthy bench we are not bad rondo/bradley/green/sully/zeller starting 5 with smart pressey wallace kelly fav young thornton and bass and all them another year developed why is it so impossible to think that we could develop like any other team?
this celtics team healthy can compete for a playoff spot this yr :D
Why?  Because though it may seem deep, it is not a very talented squad. In any case, I really doubt this is the roster going in to training camp.
How are they not talented with rondo who is an elite pg keep in mind this is a contract year for him we have bradley an elite defender that can shoot the 3..and jeff green you can hate on him all you want but he did still give the celtics 17ppg avg albeit on 41% shooting but he also didnt have rondo and it was his first go as the #1 option..sully i believe can and will be a future all star he put up double doubles consistently with minutes his per 36 numbers were 17 n 10..and he avg 13 n 8 his 2nd yr and keep in mind injuries conditioning, and not starting so imagine him a full season..and now we have a legit center 7'1 250 in zeller who is a good player..and a pretty good bench this team can compete for a playoff spot

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2014, 09:33:34 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I love this thread. It is entertaining me greatly....   :D ;D

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2014, 10:08:19 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Who knows, we might surprise the NBA this year. WE already have a Center, we have two budding PFs, Jeff Green/Wallace (i know both meh players) and James Young, Bradley/Smart, and Rondo.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2014, 10:36:55 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

We have different definitions of top.  Mine is NBA title. 

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2014, 10:43:44 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Bobcats, Wizards, Cavs, Bulls, Raptors, Nets, Heat, Indiana, and Hawks are all clearly better than us. I dont see us making the playoffs.

How are the Hornets better than us??

A 7th seed last year. Added Marvin Williams, Vonleah and Hairston, still have some cap space. That's an easy one.

Are you talking about Vonleh, that was 1-13 and followed it up with 3 for 10 tonight???  Yes, he had 18 boards vs. a Kings team that started a SF (Derrick Williams - 6'8") at center as their tallest player??  Vonleh also had 8 freaking fouls.  Josh Davis, who only averaged 7 and 10 boards his senior year at San Diego State last year, pulled down 16 boards and he will NEVER be on an NBA team, ever!!!  The thug from UNC shot 30% on 20 shots and had 7 fouls (about 5 in the first 10 minutes!!!).

Marvin Williams is around a +14 player and a very WEAK rebounder for a PF, where he will likely play in Charlotte.  He is an slightly below NBA player and arguably one of the MOST DISAPPOINTING #2 picks in the last 10 years!!!

Read my previous posts.  Michael Jordan said that McRoberts connected the dots for last year's Bobcats' team!!!!  How many Bobcats' games did you see??  Josh McRoberts had the ball in his hands more than ANY other player not named Kemba!!! 

Charlotte will return to the non-playoff team that they always have been!!

Smitty77

P.S. That was EASY:-))

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2014, 10:54:20 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Who knows, we might surprise the NBA this year. WE already have a Center, we have two budding PFs, Jeff Green/Wallace (i know both meh players) and James Young, Bradley/Smart, and Rondo.

This was, to a tee, the exact line from last year, when we won a grand total of 25 games. Our starting roster might even be worse, save that we have a healthy Rondo on this go around. He's not a player that's going to swing us the ~15 game uptick that'll secure us a playoff spot though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2014, 11:01:33 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I'll bookmark this page and come back to it when the regular season ends. Love this!
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2014, 11:11:37 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

This was, to a tee, the exact line from last year, when we won a grand total of 25 games. Our starting roster might even be worse, save that we have a healthy Rondo on this go around. He's not a player that's going to swing us the ~15 game uptick that'll secure us a playoff spot though.
How could our healthy roster be worse than last year's? I think Rondo will give us 5 to 9 more wins ( his career high win shares is 9.9 and last year's was 1.1). Improvements in Sullinger and Olynyk should be good f for 2-5 more wins. Add that the minutes Babb, Johnson, Bayless and other d leaguers will see significantly less minutes in favor of Smart, Young and Thornton that should be good for an additional 2-5 wins. That should bring you close to the 15 wins you mentioned.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2014, 11:16:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

How could our healthy roster be worse than last year's? I think Rondo will give us 5 to 9 more wins ( his career high win shares is 9.9 and last year's was 1.1). Improvements in Sullinger and Olynyk should be good f for 2-5 more wins. Add that the minutes Babb, Johnson, Bayless and other d leaguers will see significantly less minutes in favor of Smart, Young and Thornton that should be good for an additional 2-5 wins. That should bring you close to the 15 wins you mentioned.
Right, except how many games you win does not solely depend on your roster.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2014, 11:54:00 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

healthy roster is key though -- we had a metric ton of injuries, especially in our backcourt. Assuming equal health, I take a Rondo/AB/Lee/J-Craw backcourt over what we have now, even though I'm optimistic on Smart and think it was the right pick. Our frontcourt is largely the same, and we still have more or less zero wing depth.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2014, 12:26:48 AM »

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap
We never really had Rondo and Crawford and Courtney Lee together though, since Crawford and Lee were shipped out around the same time Rondo came back.