Author Topic: Looks like Miami should start rebuilding  (Read 3349 times)

Looks like Miami should start rebuilding
« on: July 11, 2014, 02:03:12 PM »

Offline michael 26

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Now that LeBron is gone and Bosh is probably leaving too, what are the Heat going to do? It's just  amazing to see a team that contended for the last four years, lose it's power in such a short time is amazing. After the Heat improved by so much when the big three was formed, it is only fitting that they will fall in a sudden way. It's a bit sad how much a single guy's decision can influence the future of a club.

Now what do the Heat do? Do they chase a star? Maybe Melo? Maybe trade for a guy? Or maybe they should rebuild from the ground up? What I think is the right choice for Miami is a full rebuild. Get young, add some talent and go from there. In this year's finals you could see the problems in the Heat roster, they need a fresh start. Do you think Miami should rebuild or they should use a more direct approach?

Re: Looks like Miami should start rebuilding
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »

Offline Waew

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 50
^they can't get Melo because bosh is leaving to Houston and ray Allen to Cleveland. Melo doesnt waste his career away with that rotten team.

heat wasted the draft pick on Napier too which is hilarious because he's Been horrendous in summer league

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 02:07:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
their pick goes to the Cavs next year if it falls outside the Top 10... so it's in their best interest to tank.  If they want some picks and some young players, I could see them trading Wade... 

Man... how outraged would Boston fans be if we traded Bradley + picks for Wade.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »

Offline michael 26

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
heat wasted the draft pick on Napier too which is hilarious because he's Been horrendous in summer league

Yeah, it's really too bad for them how things turned out. Lebron made the right choice, wasn't much future in Miami.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 02:25:02 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
their pick goes to the Cavs next year if it falls outside the Top 10... so it's in their best interest to tank.  If they want some picks and some young players, I could see them trading Wade... 

Ainge is not that dumb. Wade is done. He'll retire in Miami with a max salary.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 03:38:55 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Complete 180 in Miami. Here's a list of players that have left by their own will, retirement, free agency, or traded (or amnestied):

James
Battier
Miller
Bosh - likely to happen
Anthony....The Joel one  ;)

And they're likely to lose Ray and I believe Beasely and Oden were one year deals anyway. Team was gutted overnight.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 03:42:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Ainge is not that dumb. Wade is done. He'll retire in Miami with a max salary.

You sure?  Ainge was hot on Iverson when he was basically toast (pre-KG)... He brought in Ray despite his age (32) and ankles.   

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
If you guys want a scenario to pray for...

Pray that Riley tries to make the best of a bad situation and calls up the Cavs and says, "Wait... don't give up WIggins for Kevin Love... Let's work out a sign-and-trade where I send you Bosh.   I need all the assets I can get... Kyrie, Wiggins, LeBron, Bosh... fab 4!...   heck, I don't even need Bennett!  ... I'll take Tristian, Waiters and filler.  Let's do this!"

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 03:50:38 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
That would be something if Melo chooses to join Wade and Bosh in Miami.

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 03:57:44 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
That would be something if Melo chooses to join Wade and Bosh in Miami.
That's interesting.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 04:44:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Miami has a ton of cap room and could put together a pretty nice team among the remaining free agents.  I mean they literally have Norris Cole at 2.1 million under contract and no one else.  Obviously Wade has a huge cap hold, and Napier is something like 1.25 million along with McRoberts and Granger of like 7 million.

Say you sign Wade for 4 years, 70 million (so year one is like 15.5 million or so).  That is around 26 million of the 63 million cap, leaving Miami 37 million to play with.  That is plenty of room to put together a pretty solid team from the available free agents.  For example, they could throw major dollars at Monroe and Stephenson/Bledsoe/Thomas (or some combination thereof).  Maybe they bring in Pau and Deng/Ariza.  Maybe they shock the world and sign Carmelo Anthony to pair with Wade and then fill in around them.

Maybe they do something crazy like absorb Amare and take on a bunch of assets from the Knicks.  On that angle, I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't acquire Lin and a 1st from Houston.  I mean that seems like the perfect move for a team like Miami.  Get pieces for nothing, especially in a player that will draw some interest and maybe some new fans.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 04:50:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Miami has a ton of cap room and could put together a pretty nice team among the remaining free agents.  I mean they literally have Norris Cole at 2.1 million under contract and no one else.  Obviously Wade has a huge cap hold, and Napier is something like 1.25 million along with McRoberts and Granger of like 7 million.

Say you sign Wade for 4 years, 70 million (so year one is like 15.5 million or so).  That is around 26 million of the 63 million cap, leaving Miami 37 million to play with.  That is plenty of room to put together a pretty solid team from the available free agents.  For example, they could throw major dollars at Monroe and Stephenson/Bledsoe/Thomas (or some combination thereof).  Maybe they bring in Pau and Deng/Ariza.  Maybe they shock the world and sign Carmelo Anthony to pair with Wade and then fill in around them.

Maybe they do something crazy like absorb Amare and take on a bunch of assets from the Knicks.  On that angle, I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't acquire Lin and a 1st from Houston.  I mean that seems like the perfect move for a team like Miami.  Get pieces for nothing, especially in a player that will draw some interest and maybe some new fans.

I am interested in this "bunch of assets" the knicks have. What does that entail?

Also with them losing their 1st pick next year if it falls outside the top ten, they actually have incentive to suck. Even if they signed Monroe, Bledsoe and Wade that is pretty far from a championship contender. 

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 05:02:23 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Pray that Riley tries to make the best of a bad situation and calls up the Cavs and says, "Wait... don't give up WIggins for Kevin Love... Let's work out a sign-and-trade where I send you Bosh.   I need all the assets I can get... Kyrie, Wiggins, LeBron, Bosh... fab 4!...   heck, I don't even need Bennett!  ... I'll take Tristian, Waiters and filler.  Let's do this!"

Doubt that happens, if I remember correctly Bosh refused to go to cleveland when him, Lebron, and Wade first discussed playing together.  But who know, things change.
Greg

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 05:08:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Doubt that happens, if I remember correctly Bosh refused to go to cleveland when him, Lebron, and Wade first discussed playing together.  But who know, things change.

I don't think the comment was serious. Just standard inflammatory nonsense...

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 05:17:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I don't think the comment was serious. Just standard inflammatory nonsense...
No, I don't seriously believe it's feasible... but if Riley were to agree to a sign-and-trade of Bosh to the Cavs, it would be good for Boston, because it takes the Cavs out of the Kevin Love sweepstakes.

Heat do it to get a couple assets instead of losing Bosh for nothing.

Cavs do it, because they can keep Wiggins and Bennett while still adding an impact player.