Author Topic: Anyone gain a lot of respect for LeBron?  (Read 15975 times)

Re: Anyone gain a lot of respect for LeBron?
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2014, 11:54:02 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
There should be a picture of LeBron  under the word Quitter. He quit on the Cavs in game 5 against the Celtics and went off to the Heat. He quit and sat on the bench as the Spurs defeated his Heat. He has given the term " when the going gets tough, the tough get going" a whole new meaning.

I've been as critical of Lebron as anyone and would have taken pleasure in bashing him if he went to Houston, Chicago, or the Lakers.  Or even if he re-signed with the Heat with an opt out after one season giving him the option to join Carmelo in NY next year.  But returning to his rundown hometown, who he previously played for, whose fans were devastated when he left after he failed to win a championship for is a classy move... even if it may be in his best long term basketball interests.

I also liked how he quietly delivered a well written essay to Sports Illustrated just prior to hopping on a plane to Brazil.

It's almost as if he knew he was going back to Cleveland before the rest of us did!  :o
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2014, 02:09:04 PM »

Offline SportsCanuck

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
A lot of fans, including myself have given LeBron a hard time, because of his show-boating and his arrogance. But I can't deny he's one of the all time greats, who deserves some respect.

"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer." - Larry Bird

« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2014, 02:40:51 PM »

Offline Jailan34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
A lot of fans, including myself have given LeBron a hard time, because of his show-boating and his arrogance. But I can't deny he's one of the all time greats, who deserves some respect.

I think he has really matured since his dancing on the sideline days in Cleveland and of course the whole decision thing. I think he handled himself really well this off season, admitting he made mistakes and he wants to come home and win a title for his town. Especially that he doesn't expect it in year one, and that its a process building a winner. A lot of respect gained, I hope he continues along this path because while he isn't MJ hes the "Mj" of this generation.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2014, 02:54:54 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
He sure did gain some respect. Cleveland will forgive him. He went to learn how to win aka college  4yrs. I will pull for him unless he plays the celts or wizards with PP.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2014, 04:51:17 PM »

Offline SportsCanuck

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
He sure did gain some respect. Cleveland will forgive him. He went to learn how to win aka college  4yrs. I will pull for him unless he plays the celts or wizards with PP.

Agreed on the Cleveland will forgive him part, especially some of the fans who burned their LeBron Jerseys, I'm sure they are in line to buy new ones! LOL! Seriously though LeBron does a lot for the community of Cleveland, I think he tries his best.

"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer." - Larry Bird

« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2014, 05:02:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Agreed on the Cleveland will forgive him part, especially some of the fans who burned their LeBron Jerseys, I'm sure they are in line to buy new ones! LOL! Seriously though LeBron does a lot for the community of Cleveland, I think he tries his best.
A guy in his position with such good fortune has to do a lot more. He also has to show REAL commitment to a team. So far, we know the guy jumped ship twice and LEFT two communities (not direct aid lost, but the economic impact of his presence). The only change so far are words on one piece of paper.  He will not gain any more respect in my book until he backs up words with actions. I think I am speaking for many out there. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 05:11:34 PM by Surferdad »