Author Topic: Anyone gain a lot of respect for LeBron?  (Read 15940 times)

Re: Anyone gain a lot of respect for LeBron?
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2014, 04:20:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
How can this be the easy way out? If he stayed with the Heat, they would have had a better shot than what Cleveland has now. No playoff experience at all, including Love if he gets there. No way Cleveland wins this year, Miami at least had the chance if Lebron stayed. So no, this wasn't the "easy way out".

It is. Wade is never going to be the same imo.
Bosh is older and frequently injured also. The cavs are a young group plus have the ability to get love

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2014, 04:24:27 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
No it's a nice story driven by the narrative of the media and eaten up by the sheep to try to spin this, but it's no more than just Lebron doin whats best for him like he did in Miami.

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2014, 04:33:06 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
How can this be the easy way out? If he stayed with the Heat, they would have had a better shot than what Cleveland has now. No playoff experience at all, including Love if he gets there. No way Cleveland wins this year, Miami at least had the chance if Lebron stayed. So no, this wasn't the "easy way out".

It is. Wade is never going to be the same imo.
Bosh is older and frequently injured also. The cavs are a young group plus have the ability to get love

I've been saying this for a while now. Miami even with Bosh I will compete, but may not win the East again.

Cleveland may not win the East now, but there's a younger Wade on that team. There's a potential star G/F, a young promising PF, ability to either land another superstar and/or get more solid players because of 3 first round picks. Cleveland's situation is way better than Miami. And LeBron would rather take it easy.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2014, 04:37:19 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
For fellow wrestling fans:

;D

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2014, 04:44:15 PM »

Offline joepatsfan

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Yes, only because as a fan I'm very sentimental and he never should have left in the first place. Should have gutted it out.

I gained respect for LBJ to man up and come home putting the pressure on himself to bring it to such a losing city.

Maybe I just feel the most for the fans of CLE... that's really what makes me happy about this story. That tough city gets to be relevant again. good for them.

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2014, 04:47:25 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Actually check that opinion, I have lost respect for Lebron bc he wants to live in Ohio and can choose to live anywhere else in the US.

Well, you just insulted all of rural America. What's wrong with living in Ohio, or any other "cold weather" location? Why are big cities so great? The crime? The gangs? Having all those bars and strip clubs where guys can get in trouble? And have you ever been in L.A. in the summer? It sucks. It's 95-100 degrees here all the time. Phoenix is even worse, routinely over 100. I'm from Maine, and I'd much rather live there than Southern California.

Please I get your anger but Cleveland is not Maine.  Maine is beautiful and majestic, yes its cold but its not horrible. 

I have no issues with "rural" America, I have a problem with "terrible" America.  I have been to almost every state and I would live anywhere in Colorado, Wyoming or Montana way before Cleveland.  This is not a Red State v. Blue State argument, this is a Cleveland sucks argument.  I feel similar about Philly, but not as strong.

Just to stick up for So Cal, so you want to live in Cleveland rather than a place with 70 degree weather, the hottest women in the world (yes, its true), some of best beaches in the world and being one hour from surfing or skiing (whatever your choice) and 4 hours from Vegas or Yosemite (whichever you prefer?

I think you need to take a trip out to California and take a tour.  San Diego and Yosemite could hold its own with any place in the US outside of Hawaii and Alaska.

But each to their own. 

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2014, 04:57:40 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
For fellow wrestling fans:

;D

MULTIPLE TPS!

I love it!!! There's always a Plan B.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2014, 04:59:45 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Lots of people dishing on LeBron, what he did 4 years ago how's that different than what KG did in 07? One could argue KG did it again this past summer however that's a different animal.

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2014, 04:59:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yes, only because as a fan I'm very sentimental and he never should have left in the first place. Should have gutted it out.

I gained respect for LBJ to man up and come home putting the pressure on himself to bring it to such a losing city.

Maybe I just feel the most for the fans of CLE... that's really what makes me happy about this story. That tough city gets to be relevant again. good for them.

The right to do . But then there is no irving, no wiggins. I wonder if the cavs didnt win the lotto if lebron will still decide to comeback

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2014, 05:16:12 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
The ass kissing of Lebron is sickening . Guys on around the horn saying "it warms the heart , and should warm the heart of every human being because the man is going home " Haha they are seriously spewing this garbage . 

And Lebron is the biggest egomaniac alive, this just makes it more obvious . He is patting himself of the back in the article saying "no press conference or party , I am ready to go to work". Of course he is going to say that because the last time he got ripped . And people will say this is a sign of maturity . No it isn't , it's a sign of a huge ego that is trying to get everyone to like him again .

Was it mature to have Wade opt out of his contract losing 40 mil of guaranteed money , just to leave him in the dust ?

I think Lebron is the biggest phony , egomaniac we have in sports today. Doesn't mean he can't be a nice guy to his friends family , and fans , but everything about him seems run by a PR team . 

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2014, 05:18:28 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
LeBron just got sick of Heat fans booing him when he sucked.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The ass kissing of Lebron is sickening . Guys on around the horn saying "it warms the heart , and should warm the heart of every human being because the man is going home " Haha they are seriously spewing this garbage . 

And Lebron is the biggest egomaniac alive, this just makes it more obvious . He is patting himself of the back in the article saying "no press conference or party , I am ready to go to work". Of course he is going to say that because the last time he got ripped . And people will say this is a sign of maturity . No it isn't , it's a sign of a huge ego that is trying to get everyone to like him again .

Was it mature to have Wade opt out of his contract losing 40 mil of guaranteed money , just to leave him in the dust ?

I think Lebron is the biggest phony , egomaniac we have in sports today. Doesn't mean he can't be a nice guy to his friends family , and fans , but everything about him seems run by a PR team .

Every major athlete's public image is run by a PR team.

Here's a pretty good article on that very phenomenon:
http://deadspin.com/just-undo-it-the-lebron-james-profile-that-nike-killed-1602381429/all
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2014, 05:44:42 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't have any more respect for LeBron than I did before. which was minimal as I don't think he has the competitive nature that many like to say he's better than.

that and he's way more worried about his image than any player that I've ever seen. first he didn't want to get put into the barkley, Malone group of great players that never won a championship. so he left town, burned bridges, took less money just so he didn't become one those players because he has a reputation to live up to.

now he has his championship and by going back to Cleveland knew he'd look like a hero. if he gets another championship out of it, it's just icing on the cake. but it's more about looking like a hero.   

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2014, 05:48:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I don't have any more respect for LeBron than I did before. which was minimal as I don't think he has the competitive nature that many like to say he's better than.

that and he's way more worried about his image than any player that I've ever seen. first he didn't want to get put into the barkley, Malone group of great players that never won a championship. so he left town, burned bridges, took less money just so he didn't become one those players because he has a reputation to live up to.

now he has his championship and by going back to Cleveland knew he'd look like a hero. if he gets another championship out of it, it's just icing on the cake. but it's more about looking like a hero.   

completely agree

TP

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2014, 05:56:01 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

So he should have stayed on a poorly managed Cleveland team that had a lottery roster at best? Most players goals are to win championships. Why shouldn't he give himself the best chance to win?